Looking for High end Chinese Cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should do the trick?

a77474256e11248a497af1978e78c225.jpg

I. Want. That. Knife. :fanning:

there is some nice custom damascus one on jck under "specials":

Master Saji Custom Damascus Chinese Cleaver, hand forged vg10... hurry up, almost sold out.

Ya vg 10 is nice and all, but it's not blue or white.

:goodpost::plus1:

I'd love to pick up one of Takeshi Saji's cleavers, and perhaps further down the line I will. I quite like VG-10 in the right hands, but the only thing that puts me off the cleaver is the damascus; I'm not against damascus, but I could never bring myself to use a good one in a pro kitchen, especially a cleaver. I think damascus attracts unwanted attention and few people seem to understand that just because it looks like big and heavy, doesn't mean you can use it for splitting ducks and opening oil drums.

i completely agree, thats why i polish my HD's, to grab less attention. VG 10 isn't that bad, i feel that when well treated it shines in a pro kitchen.

besides, if anyone touches your knives i dont understand. People shouldn't. Maybe i'm a little too much babying them, but my teams usually avoid getting me mad. also, i dont sharpen gear to have it unsharpened by some coworker. i'll share all my knowledge with my team with pleasure. but if i work'd for em sharpening, then i'd charge.

that oil drum thing... :eek:

there is some nice custom damascus one on jck under "specials":

Master Saji Custom Damascus Chinese Cleaver, hand forged vg10... hurry up, almost sold out.

I stared at that Saji for a long long while. But it seems a little thin to be weighing so much. I couldn't get over the weight factor.

For those looking at the Ashi, Jon at JKI sells a Swedish stainless Ashi cleaver under his Gesshin Ginga line. Might as well support our vendors.

Latest posts

Back