Looking for: the ideal knife to re-handle!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tanaka is a great deal and you really can't go wrong at that price. If you are considering a Kochi in echerub's monster sale there is a Kochi 240 Migaki on sale for cheap. You might not feel so bad about removing the handle at that price, but it's not a k-tip.

Wouldn't get a Kochi to put a new handle on, the ones they come with are high quality. Would get a Kochi and do nothing to alter it, they are great knives and one of the best deals out there. As for Tanaka # 2 Damascus, I put a new handle on one of those before, nice knife, but the reactivity on that iron cladding is a Frikin pain.

Guys, you're not helping here LOL

No Kochi: I get it

Tanaka reactive: ok, fair argument

We're talking about a Stefan handle here, help me out! I signed up for the prepay, forgot about it in a haze and rehandled the dedicated knife in the meantime...

Have some mercy [emoji12]

Masashi sld gyuto, mirror polished tall blade but a cruddy handle. They make a damascus variant that I don't like as much visually. You could also contact someone like Dave martell and ask about a handleless knife. I don't own one and haven't used one but they appear semi coveited. Maybe a line knife or thai style chefs knife. I'm having a kotetsu 270 suji, kato 180 petty and tadafusa 210 redone by stefan. It's a tough choice.

are you looking for a project? how about a 210 takagi honyaki that's on clearance from JWW? it comes with crap grind and plastic ferrule throw away handle. it screams tuner knife, i love that the profile santoku. take it to a belt grinder for some serious wide bevel metal removing, and then strap a nice handle on it. could be the cheapest high performance honyaki ever once the work is put in.

i dont have the patience to do it myself, otherwise i'd be all over that sale.

Back