Low buck meals

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is awesome. Ok i think i am going to try Stefan's spam nagiri. Also going to try a lot of the other one's listed.

When I have hardly any money I usually eat loads of tinned mackerel and tuna with bread or maybe mixed with lettuce for a sort of salad. Bit of soy tabasco and Worcestershire sauce if I don't buy the ones that come in tomato sauce. Either that or I just eat honey on toast

When I have hardly any money I usually eat loads of tinned mackerel and tuna with bread or maybe mixed with lettuce for a sort of salad. Bit of soy tabasco and Worcestershire sauce if I don't buy the ones that come in tomato sauce. Either that or I just eat honey on toast

I like the sardines that come in tomato sauce. Start with Julienned onions and garlic, brown the onions, and then the garlic until it's fragrant, and then add the sardines, a little tomato paste, water, a little bit of sugar, and fish sauce, black and red pepper, and then reduce. Eat with a toasted baguette. delish.

This is cheating, but a lump of cheap hamburger and a box of Zatarains dirty rice mix will do ya right every time. The rice mix is like $2.

Spam musubi. Very popular out here. While we are at it: video...
Stefan

:lol2::lol2:
also spam omelet - requires some knife skills dicing spam and onion then saute to desired doneness/crispness and scramble an egg or 2. eat with lots of hot white rice :hungry:

Back