Lucretia's Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool little knife.
Time to start on another batch of strawberries.

Actually, I got in Mr. Rader's queue as a birthday present a while back. It took about 7 months before my name popped up on the list. Not bad at all, IMO. It's got a lovely little Burl Source redwood burl handle with some Lisch damscus. The workmanship is freaking amazing. I'd heard Michael made the most comfortable western handle out there, and I believe it. Everything about this knife is comfortable. I am loving the way the choil is curved--no pointy bits digging into you when you're peeling garlic (no more strawberries yet, Mark!) and it makes for easy sharpening--no dinking the bolster on the edge of the stone. The main knife (a chef's knife) is still in work, but I live right down the road from Michael's mom, so he dropped this one off at my house Sunday afternoon. How's THAT for amazing service? It was really nice to meet Michael--he is everything that is gracious.

Awesome.... What a makeover!

Thanks for sharing! :doublethumbsup:

Happy birthday part 2...got a dirty picture in the email today. Should have it by no later than next week sometime.

Chef1Scaled.jpg

Drool.... That redwood (I think it's redwood) handle is great.

Beautiful knife. That handle just begs to be grabbed, doesn't it?
Perhaps the thing I like best is that in one glance you can tell what its made out of and who crafted it.
So distinctive.
Congratulations!

That is sooo nice! Congratulations! Michaels work is superb! :doublethumbsup:

Such a good idea for a bday present....

My lady, your collection is becoming as enviable as Oivinds. Congrats, I am a huge fan of Rader's work and it doesn't look like he fell short on either of those two for you.

All right young lady.
You have had plenty of time to play with your new toy.
We want to see photos!
[video=youtube_share;_7VgDSNxlGU]http://youtu.be/_7VgDSNxlGU[/video]

As the one true Batman (Adam West) said "Confound it! The batteries are dead!"

Gotta recharge the camera.

Ok, the pictures don't do them justice, but here's what I got this year for having one of those birthdays ending in a "0".

Knife1.jpg

Knife2.jpg

Knife3.jpg

You've already seen the little one. The chef is San Mai with Cru-Forge-V core and welded damascus bolsters.

Your bolsters are welded? They look natural to me if I may be so bold.....

If you get tired of that little parer, let me know!

COOL! Those turned out really well. I'm glad that you decided to go san-mai w/ the cf-v core (because I'm interested to hear how it performs). SO, HOW IS IT?!

Was treating my handles to some of Dave's magic potion today, and took some (bad) family pictures while the knives were out. Hope they aren't too girly for you.

girly1_zps5855e015.jpg

girly3_zps1f471d83.jpg

girly2_zps7f986948.jpg

girly4_zpsf4a31094.jpg

girly6_zpsaa0065ff.jpg

girly5_zps1be8b91b.jpg

girly7_zpsbe1e2021.jpg

girly8_zps422ad48f.jpg

Yeah, it's gotten a little big. I'm thinking about putting a few up on B/S/T, so I wanted a picture of the whole family before anyone "moves out".

is that a Randall I see? Love mine, which was bought from Bo by my dad, in the 60s.

Lucretia, you have a well thought out and very classy collection, well played!

Back