MAC Pro Needed Sharpening

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coxhaus

Reaction score
I had to sharpen my wife's MAC Pro 8-inch knife today. The back half was mashing down a little before it went through a tomato. It still would cut the tomato but not the way I like it where the blade just pierces and goes right through. The front 3 inches still went right through the tomato. I had noticed my wife was using one of my Henckels 4star short chef's knives more so I checked her knife. It was last sharpened around the end of June. My idea of just stropping the knife for touch up went out the window as my strop broke. I tried running it on high speed and maybe it was too much for it. I looked the leather over and it seemed really dry so it could be bad leather. I think I will try one of the cloth strops from Worksharp.
I dropped down a couple of belts on the Worksharp and got the blade where I like it. No problem with a tomato now.

My Henckels 4star 10-inch chef's knife I sharpened the same day is still sharp. To be fair though, I use a lot more knives than my wife. She kind of stays focused on using 1 knife.

We have been cutting lots of limes lately and wonder if that would have an effect. Hot August was lots of Margaritas and Ranch waters using fresh limes.

Maybe my wife does a lot of heel cutting. I need to watch.
IMG_0518.jpg

Last edited:
Back