Mad Man makes toothpicks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The top silky oak are spoken for.

Jason, I agree about the bubinga.
It looks a little better in person. Has a little bit of a flash with slight color changes as the light hits from different angles.
I have roughed out several more sets to work on tomorrow.

You need a square cross section at the top, then transition to octagonal for the next third, and then taper to round at 3/64th at the tip with silver at the very end. Otherwise you will give people food poisoning.

I thought the silver was just in case you have to use your chopsticks as a self defense weapon against werewolves.

I'm a square, but I also have my own belt sander :)

Stefan

I prefer chopsticks round and tapered.
If you are making more. You might give them their own thread. Not everyone will search mad man makes toothpicks.

"For the handle area, rounded or square?
I liked the rounded taper along the whole stick. But a video I saw said a squared handle area was easier to use."

That's not why, squares are cheaper to make and save on labor and materials. square became popular with the advent of mass produced chopsticks,also they don't roll away when you set them down. With that said I like round better.

Everybody's chopsticks have been mailed.
I will start a new thread with available chopsticks soon.

I am having a good time and am making more.

BTW: if anyone is worried about being poisoned by friends or family, you might be able to send your sticks to Spike to have him install silver tips.

Are there any of these left?
Hax the Cook :D

There are 2 sets of Macadamia and 2 sets of Silky Oak left.
I will start a chopsticks thread later today with some new sets of Lacquered Koa sticks as well.

How come no macadamia or silky oak blocks in the store?

How come no macadamia or silky oak blocks in the store?
The Silky Oak was wood one of my Koa Suppliers thought I should check out. Popular with Luthiers but undiscovered elsewhere.
The Macadamia chunks came from one of my customers.
Neither were cut to work for handle blocks but worked out good for the sticks.

Back