mattrud's knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so you all know he has rented out some personal knife security too. So don't be getting any ideas:spiteful::razz:

Matt, what are the little blue one's with the cool looking blue handle. Maker's mark has what looks like an animal on?

I've got the perfect person in mind for one of those... me.

I love it that you've got so much love for your Tojiro Suji. I've got a DP Honesuki that's about 12 years old, that I feel the same way about. It's a lot smaller now. I think it's just right. We've been through a lot together. I'd like to have a new Honesuki, like one of those new Fowlers, but I just can't see spending the money when I've got my lil' Tojiro. Ol' Faithful.
Anybody else have Tojiro love? Or maybe something like it?

DSC00588.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00590.jpg

DSC00589.jpg

Broadwell Gyuto

Very unique handle! How do you like it?

What is the steel? It looks like it is getting a patina, I have only seen his stainless damascus in kitchen knives.

Great looking knife.

Are the horizontal scratches from you or David?

Still using the knife to get more final thoughts. But it is very well made. The grind is very good. Has a shallow convex grind.
Steel is 0-1 damascus.

The handle is a stunner. Very different design then anything I have used. David basically just carved it by hand. It doesn't just look good it is also extremely functional. It is a little large for my hand.

I think about the Tilman that I got to try out on the pass a round, I miss it all the time now. Sweet knife will fit well in a sweet expense you have.

The photos are in my office on an iphone so they are not the greatest-

Specs-
Maker- Bill Burke
Steel- 52100 san mai
Handle- Musk ox hidden tang
Shape- Gyuto (slightly different from Bill's normal shape to fit my style of cutting)

photo3.jpg

photo.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

wow that handle looks sweeeeeeet! I see no meeting lines, is that all 1 piece? Such great work no matter.

Latest posts

Back