• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Medium and Fine S&G Stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensbites

Reaction score
Anyone have extras laying around? I am looking for anything from shapton pro, glass, or even an Our World is Flat. Open to others as well.

I am not rigid on brand or grit.

I have a few cheap double-sided ones kicking around. 1000/6000, 240/800, 3000/8000, plus a 10,000.

They are the ones that look like the Sharp Pebble ones, but unbranded. They are not very good, dish quickly, and are coarser than the indicated grit. But, if you want them, you are welcome if you will cover postage.

Cheers,

Michi.

I have a few cheap double-sided ones kicking around. 1000/6000, 240/800, 3000/8000, plus a 10,000.

They are the ones that look like the Sharp Pebble ones, but unbranded. They are not very good, dish quickly, and are coarser than the indicated grit. But, if you want them, you are welcome if you will cover postage.

Cheers,

Michi.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Thank you for the offer, but it sounds like I would be better off with a new quality stone.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Thank you for the offer, but it sounds like I would be better off with a new quality stone.
Indeed! :)

I made the mistake of buying these stones when I started out. At least they were cheap. And it's actually possible to put a razor-sharp edge on a knife with those, if you are patient and don't mind the excessive mud, especially from the coarser grits.

For someone new to this, they are workable stones. But I certainly wouldn't recommend them :)

The offer stands. For postage cost, I'll send them to anyone who wants them. Or come around to my place for a beer or a wine, a knife inspection, and free pick-up :)

Indeed! :)

I made the mistake of buying these stones when I started out. At least they were cheap. And it's actually possible to put a razor-sharp edge on a knife with those, if you are patient and don't mind the excessive mud, especially from the coarser grits.

For someone new to this, they are workable stones. But I certainly wouldn't recommend them :)

The offer stands. For postage cost, I'll send them to anyone who wants them. Or come around to my place for a beer or a wine, a knife inspection, and free pick-up :)

You are a good man.

Latest posts

Back