Metro DC Food & Cooking Show

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pierre, David posted a bunch in his vendor sub-forum. Your trio of knives were very popular; at least a dozen people wanted to buy the paring knife, but my wife would not let me sell it :)

lol!! Sounds like you had a great time, now, go have a glass of wine/beer/rum? and relax!

Sounds like a good and successful event. I wish that I could have participated, maybe next year? Thanks for putting this together David.

Dave, you know we will always have a spot for you.

We had one guy stop by who sends you his knives for sharpening, but he did not know about KKF. Hopefully he will pop up here at some point. David Smith's rack card has the KKF web site and logo on the back, and I pointed it out to quite a few people.

We had a lot of interest in all of the people we were highlighting. In addition to broadening the long-term marketplace for all the vendors/ makers/ suppliers, I hope each of the 8 who participated in the booth see a nice bump in their orders/ commissions in the short term.

We are going to do this again in 2013 -- the DC show is November 9-10. It will be even bigger and better then 2012. We'll have a bit more tabletop space for displaying all the nice knives, cutting boards, etc., plus we'll also be selling salts/ spices, biscotti and some other stuff.

If you are in the DC area, hopefully you can make it out to the show.

DC Show was moved to November 2 and 3, 2013 -- so only a little more than 2 weeks away!

This is a great chance for DC-area knife knuts to come out and meet BoardSmith, and see a great slsection of his boards. Plus I will be showing off knives from a handful of our favorite knife makers and introducing the great unwashed masses to the world of high-performance and custom cutlery and some handmade accessories.

Last year Groupon had a 2 for 1 ticket purchase coupon. Not sure who has discounted tickets this year; I think the "thelistareyouonit" site had a 2 for 1 last month.

Last year I had planned on demonstrating knives and cooking up the produce, but I stayed way too busy talking about the makers to actually do any cutting or cooking. This year I am leaving the onions and induction burner at home, but will still be bringing a few batches of cantuccini to hand out to booth visitors.

At this point I am not sure if any of the makers will be able to come to the show (last year Butch came and hung out for the last few hours on Sunday), but I am hopeful.

I hope some KKFers can come out and visit, especially since I could not organize a get-together last month.

Looks like we'll have 3-4 entry tickets available each day for KKFers who want to come visit. If you are interested please let me know via PM. Only 8 days away!

We have more free General Admission tickets than I originally thought. Send me a PM if you are interested. They are day-specific, so I will need to know which day you would like it for. David Smith will have a nice collection of cutting boards, lazy susans and even some wood plates for sale. He's also bring some really cool turned wood products from a fellow NC wood artisian. I will be introducing the public to Del, Randy, Pierre, Butch, Marko, Steve Goodson and KKF. Booth 532/534.

Yes. Please PM me your email address -- I should be able to email you a ticket that you can print. Hoping to get to GPB Friday or Saturday evening; you interested if we can make it happen?

I really hope I can swing by. Let me know if you guys are going to come to the restaurant and I'll put in the reservation.

They just completed redoing the floor plan, and our booth numbers have been changed to 432/434. Right outside the Celebrity Pavilion. Still have some tickets if anyone is thinking about visiting.

Fabulous dinner with the BoardSmith clan at ChucktheButcher's place tonight. Got to meet Charlie's brother as well as Bill13 and his wife.

Some great apps, including fried pimento cheese balls, ribs w/ buffalo wing sauce, marrow on toast and snails/ mushrooms (I only ate the mushrooms :D) and cornbread with maple butter
2013-11-01_19-13-19_131.jpg

Lots of great entrees at the table. I had a braised pork shank that was fantastic.
2013-11-01_20-11-55_777.jpg

Boardsmith had a pork chop.

2013-11-01_20-12-26_224.jpg

Desserts including a peanut butter ice cream cake, molten chocolate cake and a pumpkin pie. Great food, plenty of very good wines and great conversation.

Thanks, Charlie!

Thanks. Man expo got a little heavy handed. Hope you enjoyed your chives garnished with pork shank.

Chuck,

Thanks for a great food, my steak was one of the best I've ever had. The pumpkin pie was devoured by my kids as soon as I got home! Kristin and I had a great time meeting everyone.

The Green Pig Bistro is TERRIFIC! Great food, marvelous service and a warm atmosphere. I would go again!

Back