Michigan Get together.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA! If we go to Oregon, we need to take a BIG truck....because we are stopping by and seeing Mark Farley and trying our best to clean him out :p

If we end up going to Oregon....We need a U haul...because we are making a pit stop at Mark Farley's place....And i will do my best to clean him out! :p

Randy, thanks for having us, i had an absolute blast! Meeting everyone was great. Randy and Randy Jr. could not have been more hospitable, Salty and Mario were both great, and i now know how to sharpen a knife! Graham, was great to forge with you, And Todd was great fun also! I am finally ready to make some kitchen knives! I will get pictures and a few videos up soon! And Randy, i forgot my belts, my scimitar and that koa lol.......

Mike, It was awesome having everyone here today. It really was a fun time. Every one was awesome! And I sure glad to here you guys enjoyed yourselves..

I noticed you forgot the Koa, Dont worry, I gave it to Mario and Graham.. I figured you would of wanted it that way... JK :D Ill PM ya.

Looking forward to seeing some pics and stuff posted..

God Bless
Randy

OK have to start with a "Goodies" picture
P1030603.jpg

Mario on the press
P1030596.jpg

Graham forging
P1030604.jpg

Salty cuttin stuff
P1030612.jpg

Will get some more pics up soon!

Randy,

Thanks again for the great time, great food as well as the help with my project and very generous use of your shop.

You are blessed man to work with your son like you do, but I am sure you are aware of that.

It was a very good day and I came away with an increased respect for what sharp is and learned more that I realize. My brain and circle of friends got a little bigger yesterday.

-Todd

[video=youtube;RHZ3j0251B0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHZ3j0251B0[/video]

[video=youtube;zqb7QQO7aeM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqb7QQO7aeM[/video]

Thanx again Randy and Randy jr., I had a fantastic time :thumbsup: Your hospitality was first class and it is always cool to meet the face behind the post.I can't wait to go to the next hammer in.

RR, It was our pleasure. Im already starting to plan for the next one, and thinking about what we could do to make it even better! Did ya see the Siji Mike has made from the damascus you guys forged yet?? Its Sweet!

I really enjoyed the videos, especially the forging.

BTW: who's that scary looking guy with all the ink?

Thanks Salty. Its a cool pic. The colors are just so vibrant. Yea. Im a steel junky! And stuff like this really draws me in.

thanks Mark, Hope you can join up next time!!

We would have to set an internet live stream.
It would be a bit of a drive to get there in person.
It would be fun though. Go to your place to pound on some hot steel and then swing by Mike's place for a quick tattoo.

Hey Mark, Thats a possibility!! Or you could make the trip. I think you would have alot more fun in person!

Maybe we could get Mike to bring his stuff here and have a Hammer in/Tattoo Party! :D

My last tattoo was right after finishing basic training in the Air Force.
Got drunk, got a tattoo and got robbed by a cute girl with a straight razor. All in the same day.

I've been robbed by a few cute girls in my day. But not with a straight razor. Something more dangerous.

Back