• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Minamoto Akitada 300 Honyaki yanagi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a knife that I bought and restored. Purchased according to my friend 4 years ago, very beaten up when I received it, been in work at a sushi bar for all four years. Treated it as a fun project, put little over 20hrs of work onto it, started on binsui, then natsuya, nagura. After koma nagura hira finished with uchi and kiriha finished with diamond paste with strop board. Finishing touches done with kiita finger stone. The back concave is polished with @NickMinton ’s kasumi powder (shout out to this man, made it him self). Lastly etched with some lemon juice with soap.

Aogami 1 steel with very signature Minamoto Akitada hamon. Comes with an old Saya. 29.4 tip to heel (originally came 29.8)

Didn’t do a perfect job on the restoration but definitely does it’s job
Spent 450 and well over hundreds for the material loss on stones
Selling 350 OBO

Original looks of it
IMG_2893.jpeg
IMG_2883.jpeg
IMG_2885.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5615.jpeg
    IMG_5615.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back