Murry Carter no longer making kitchen knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick alen

Reaction score
It's just idle curiousity but curious never the less that for months now Carter Cutlery has shown very little on the site in the way of kitchen knives. Are they all being sold in his new store?

Rick

I think Murray has been in Japan for the last few weeks, before that he posted quite a few kitchen knives for sale, although they seem to sell out very quickly and get removed from the site.

Nah, he's still at it. He sent me a piece days before he left.

Little bit off topic, but do they worth the price? I was looking at them for a while now could not convince myself to pull the trigger.

Little bit off topic, but do they worth the price? I was looking at them for a while now could not convince myself to pull the trigger.

If your buying decisions are price-sensitive, then perhaps they are not. The market, however, has a different perception, since all of the knives Carter posts are sold in a very short time.

QUOTE=Pensacola Tiger;293447]If your buying decisions are price-sensitive, then perhaps they are not. The market, however, has a different perception, since all of the knives Carter posts are sold in a very short time.[/QUOTE]

+1

Carter does make good performing knives. The question is whether one is willing to pay the going price for the performance.

I think his knives just get purchased so quickly. I today saw on his Facebook that he posted this picture - I can't tell definitively, but it looks like there are a few kitchen knives in there

He may be waiting to clear his current inventory of pairing knives and make some more of his funayuki and wa bocho 's , they seem to be his bread and butter in kitchen knives . And they sell out fast. I had one in my shopping cart after his e mail notification , by the time I have put my details and attempted to check out it was gone !!

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

No need to start rumors, Rick. There have been more than a few kitchen knives for sale at Carter Cutlery. Subscribe to his newsletter if you want to be notified when new knives are available.

http://www.cartercutlery.com/want-to-participate-with-carter-cutlery/

I was on the newsletter until a few weeks ago, then I just stopped receiving. But as I said the news I was receiving included very few kitchen items. I almost pulled the trigger on some Carter knives, but just not sure at this moment if that is what I'm really looking for. But it just seemed odd how little I was seeing over a significant period of time.

To answer another poster, I think his fukugo-zai series is a good value if you are looking for white#1.

Rick

Rick

He still does. But luckily for my wallet they are mostly all sold out until the morning comes here in Europe :p

I would concur that kitchen knife offerings have decreased significantly in the past few months. Mostly little parers that last any amount of time. The very few funys, wa bochos, gyutos, etc. seem to be pretty sparse, and because of this decreased supply, don't last very long.

I would concur that kitchen knife offerings have decreased significantly in the past few months. Mostly little parers that last any amount of time. The very few funys, wa bochos, gyutos, etc. seem to be pretty sparse, and because of this decreased supply, don't last very long.

At least some of Carter's output of longer knives are going to dealers, such as KnivesShipFree (http://www.knivesshipfree.com/kitchen/?sort=alphaasc).

Back