My Gastronomy...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I hear the word semi dry riesling?

Been a fan of aged dry riesling for a long time, and just bought a case of semi dry riesling to try recently. It was a very nice afternoon wine and/or accompanying hot and fiery Asian food.

Me too :D
3E8BEB73-A365-4C25-A691-F6ED272E36EB-9901-0000074C3E0A3DDF_zps91c5c200.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh well my post got deleted again. Thanks a lot.

Halfway to my holiday destination this year I stopped for some couchsurfing at my parents house. Home sweet home.

This is where Im coming from gastronomically. No kitchen have had greater impact on me than this place. My mother loves her garden and takes good care of it. I did too, before I left this place for good. Funny thing back then I wouldnt consider it the pleasure.

The town is a tiny hole, not the best example of agriculture or anything like that, just real everyday life. Foodmarket is opened every tuesday and friday. Basically every farmer sells only what theyve actually produced. The is only one egg "dealer" simply because not everyone have the capacity to have hens.

Foodmarket story: Im standing in queue to veg stall, and have nothing to do so I started to pick potatoes. The farmer : "Hey dont do that boy! These are new spuds, thats how they got picked up and differing sizes is what you get! No picking!" I just thought "I love you man" ;)

Its takes mindset changing to just go down to the garden, to pick some fresh herbs, cut some chives down, get some sage, pick strawberries or carrots.

The garden might not be the biggest, but it is well thought out.

The miracle of growing ;)

Real carrots. Theres no comparison to the shop crap

Some currants, on the weay back I must pick them and juice them out.

Hes happy

Theyre happy

Then we are happy

Aspic made with pork belly and summer veg and pâté of pork collar with chicken livers and sage. Bread was made with linseed and sunflowerseed.

If only I had access to fresh currants! That's a truly inspiring and heart warming spread. I wish more people in this industry thought the way you do mike. Thanks once again for sharing.

Just lovely! The multicolored square of lettuce is great! Like an edible knot garden.

What fun it would be to have a garden like that to choose ingredients from!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Back