Need Advice For Order that was never filled.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, there is one Rodrigue mid tech 240 gyuto up for sale on a website not mentioned on this site.

Seems strange he can make time for quick sales but not for those who have trusted him with their hard earned cash.:(

I had emailed Mark about them, and he said that he received 8 identical knives with different handles. The first 5 or 6 sold right when they hit the site. He's added one per day or so. Should be about out of them. Just to be fair, I'm not sure when they were originally ordered though either.

Seems strange he can make time for quick sales but not for those who have trusted him with their hard earned cash.:(

I believe that this mid tech has been available for a long time, and was out of stock for a few weeks and suddenly became available again. Same thing happened with the HHH DT gyuto( i understand that this is a newer item)

If you look about 10 threads down, you can see what appears to be the one for sale on said website. Just putting this out, in case it helps in the slightest. GL

Dont hate me or judge too quick. :) I have had a tough recovery from these chemicals. I did some handles on some midtechs as they are easier, and the fumes arent so hard on me. Even a respirator isnt the answer. I haven't ground steel as the Dr advises against it, metal dust in my lungs would be bad news. I know people are waiting, I know some are really pissed, I know some have put faith in me, and are giving me time to recover. Thanks for that. From the bottom of my heart. I'm not running, I'm not going to leave anybody hanging.

Thanks fr your patience. Any body and everybody, feel free to PM or email me. I'll give it to you straight. Hell ask for my number, and call me...

Health wise I am improving for sure. I have had a decent winter so far, had fluid/crap on my lungs a little while ago, and that is clear.

Dont hate me or judge too quick. :) I have had a tough recovery from these chemicals. I did some handles on some midtechs as they are easier, and the fumes arent so hard on me. Even a respirator isnt the answer. I haven't ground steel as the Dr advises against it, metal dust in my lungs would be bad news. I know people are waiting, I know some are really pissed, I know some have put faith in me, and are giving me time to recover. Thanks for that. From the bottom of my heart. I'm not running, I'm not going to leave anybody hanging.

Thanks fr your patience. Any body and everybody, feel free to PM or email me. I'll give it to you straight. Hell ask for my number, and call me...

Health wise I am improving for sure. I have had a decent winter so far, had fluid/crap on my lungs a little while ago, and that is clear.

My bad, I really should refrain from posting in your sub-forum. Hope you get feeling better and hope you make it worth the wait for those who are more patient than me.

Cheers

I had ordered one of the knives Mark had last week and it arrived today. I'm honestly really impressed with it. Such a nimble, quick flicking, agile knife for the size. Cuts like a laser to boot. I quickly went back to see if any were left and bought a second to give my mother for her birthday. I wish you all the best Mr. Rodrigue with your health issues and hope to own more of your creations in the future.

Glad to hear you're still around Pierre.

Pierre;

I'm glad to hear that things are improving for you. Bad circumstances suck. Fully understand that. For a lot of us with customer orders, we're just concerned. A $XXXX down payment is a lot of money, and we're justifiably concerned not just that the orders weren't filled on time, but, that communication has been non-existent.

The one thing that you can do, that would go a long way towards making me feel more comfortable with an extended wait, is a simply, monthly post letting us know how things are going. If you feel monthly updates are too much, please, just let us know that too. I'm a trusting person, as most people here seem to be, but that doesn't mean that a little reassurance doesn't go a long way.

I truly hope you get to feeling better, and not just for my knives. All the best!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try to do that. I tend to stay out of the forums, for the most part, as it just reminds me that I can be in the shop. I really enjoy knife making, and have been plagued with one issue after another it seems. Get discouraging. Again, I apologize, and will get back to rights as soon as I can.

Pierre

You'll make it right, Pierre. I don't know that I've met a more gritty and determined guy in my life. I know I can't wait to see what you come up with. It'll be amazing, no doubt!

Just an observation here, but how often does one of Pierre's knives come up on B/S/T? Very rarely from what I've seen. That says a lot for the guy and his work. For all of you that are in the pipeline, rest assured that when you get your order filled it will have been worth the wait.

Add me to the list I placed an order April 12th 2015 $450cad down-posit for the $900cad frame back straight razor. :/ - I did get a call from Pierre about his situation in September 2015 some time. That being said a bi-monthly or quarterly check in on his health status, and work status would be so appreciated.

I had a dream a few weeks ago that my knife was ready. Then I woke up and was sad.

Not sure this is the right place, but what about experiences with other makers on or off this forum? Is there a right place to warn/inform each other about other potential problems we've encountered?

Title is "Need advice for order that was never filled" one vendor or others? Good Question, perhaps a new thread asking the question about vendors/makers having issues completing orders?

I thought that thread already existed.

I don't think Pierre's subforum is a good place to have a thread about issues with makers in general. Plus as Rick said there is a fairly recent thread somewhere else on the main part of the board.

i agree, I didn't know this was in a sub-forum when I replied. This topic should be in the main forum.

:threadjacked:

Topic maybe, but this thread is in the right place...just needs some love from the vendor.

Hi Guys. Me again. I'm still alive and kicking. I have spoken with a couple Dr.'s And am improving. Slower than I would like. I tried grinding some steel last week, I'm not ready to get back at things in full swing. I am happy however, to let you know my friend Devin called me up, and is offering to help me get the pressure off till I'm back in the swing of things. I'm not one to look for help, or accept it, but things have been stretching out longer than I had hopped. In the next little bit, I'll talk with Devin, and see what I can have him assist with. I will keep you informed forsure. Please understand this is a difficult time for me, and even with Devins help, it isnt going to happen overnight. I'll come up with a plan, and be in touch as I can.

Thanks again for your patience.

Pierre,

It's good to hear you're improving. It's sure been a long road to recovery.

I hope Devin's generous offer to help you out takes some of the pressure off you. It's unselfish actions like Devin's that make me proud to be a member of this community.

Rick

Hi Pierre,

Any updates from 2 months ago? Hopefully things are improving.

Hi Pierre, can't say I envy the situation you're in. Hope things work out. Still have hope that my 6 Dammy steak knives from way back in the day get completed sometime soon.

Pierre, I wrote you today with the details of the $XXX.XX which I paid you on 9/16/2012 for an unfulfilled order. I would appreciate a response without delay. Thanks!

There are unfulfilled orders going back that far?

I put down an $XXX deposit in 2014. At what point does this become fraud? I understand Pierre has had personal issues, but, that money was for a deposit, to be used only to purchase the material needed to make the knives, when my slot came up. So a full refund should be not only possible, but expected.

Mods, let's not edit out fair, pertinent information here, please. It's important for us to be able to discuss this stuff. It sounds like we are going to have some more pretty upset folks based upon people finding out how far back this activity goes.

There are unfulfilled orders going back that far?

I put down an $XXX deposit in 2014. At what point does this become fraud? I understand Pierre has had personal issues, but, that money was for a deposit, to be used only to purchase the material needed to make the knives, when my slot came up. So a full refund should be not only possible, but expected.

If mods pull this thread for some reason (not saying they are). I'll throw a group online for those of us affected to discuss, if people choose to do so.

The fact that there is still an order form disturbs me.

http://www.rodrigueknives.com/purchase-3/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back