Need new stones for reprofiling and thinning

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Did I miss something?"

Matus, sorry that this is way off topic. In a pompous and pedantic manner, Narendranath Dutta's quote indicates that people who look after their personal comforts and lead a lazy life, are the most despicable human beings. Apparently this is a famous quote. I disagree with Mr. Dutta's opinion

I am generally a "self-seeking man who is looking after his personal comforts and leading a (relatively) lazy life. Since Hell is of unlimited space and is the worst place in the universe, logically there is actually room for more members.

I don't want to go to hell or the worst place in the universe after I die.

"Did I miss something?"

Matus, sorry that this is way off topic. In a pompous and pedantic manner, Narendranath Dutta's quote indicates that people who look after their personal comforts and lead a lazy life, are the most despicable human beings. Apparently this is a famous quote. I disagree with Mr. Dutta's opinion

I am generally a "self-seeking man who is looking after his personal comforts and leading a (relatively) lazy life. Since Hell is of unlimited space and is the worst place in the universe, logically there is actually room for more members.

I don't want to go to hell or the worst place in the universe after I die.

I mean I do not understand how your comment relates to the posts in this thread.

Woah, it got heavy in here! I ordered the Atoma 140 and Imanishi 400, since it seems like I'll get more general purpose use out of the 400. I'll let you guys know how it goes! (Which actually means I'll probably just be asking a million questions about how to use the damn thing.)

I will be curios to know whether the 400 will be fast enough to take out the Atoma 140 scratches in reasonable time. Keep us posted :)

Is there any rule to how often you all drop down to stones <1000 for thinning/heavier maintenance in relation to just bringing back an edge? I know it's different for single-bevels, but just wondering how different people go about deciding when it's time.

Sorry Matus, as a very amateur Philosopher and humorist, I was responding to the quote underneath "spoiledbroth's" logo. Perhaps my three posts on this thread should be deleted.

Sorry Matus, as a very amateur Philosopher and humorist, I was responding to the quote underneath "spoiledbroth's" logo. Perhaps my three posts on this thread should be deleted.

Oh, not need to apologise, I was reading and answering in a hurry and did not give myself a chance to try to understand. I see no need to delete anything. We have way too few philosopher-humorists around here - we just need to widen our horizons :)

I do a lot of my thinning on my 500 Shapton glass which seems faster than my 320 Shapton glass. Not sure why but I feel my 320 clogs up faster? The Shapton glass 500 is a very very nice stone. They also make the 500 as a double thickness one!

I have read less than 100 threads, but Matus, your posts are outstanding and very informative. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back