Needed: Bigass Stock Pot

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sansho

(͡° ͜ʖ°͡)
Reaction score
depending where you live, check out your Smart & Final grocery pot selection. They have industry type pots that can go big. Many pro-kitchen pots are just plain aluminum which won't work on induction, but they also have some cheap stainless-aluminum-stainless clad ones.
Also check out your nearby restaurant supply store. you can handle all you want and buy a lid or not. if you already have a 12" (or 14") saute pan with a lid, you can usually just reuse that lid and not buy another. If you want to be chef-y, you skip the lid and make a cartouche

mine is embarrassing.

its from Korea. the bottom disc doenst extend to the full diameter of the bottom, so the inside corner radiuses get extra hot, and when liquid splashes up the sides (when I stir), the liquid sizzles.

but it is huge. my FIL was postal carrier and a Korean family gave it to him, and he gave it to me. don't buy this one. haha..

it is my 100% dungie Crab steamer, so it works fine. I like this thread, and I am interested to see the other options. but at least mine was free.

Back