New guy from CT USA here.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. New member here, long time lurker like most new guys. Worked front of house at some fine dining places, went to a culinary school as a marketing major, pretty much skirted around professional kitchens for many years lol. I’m an avid home cook and already have some nicer knives, but looking to get deeper in the rabbit hole. This place has been a great resource, but it’s time to participate a little more.

Thanks for the welcome Hockey.

I have a hodge-podge of knives. Some of them are very nice commercial knives that were given to me (e.g. Lamson, Nenox, Zwilling Cronidur, Shun). I am looking to get into more specialty type stuff, that's why I'm here.

My work horse is a Wusthof (yeah I know, don't judge me :) ). I like that I can keep it sharp with a steel and can abuse it and work it pretty fast without having to worry about damaging it.

That said, some of my nicer knives that would interest this crowd include New West KnifeWorks petty, Kikuichi Yanagiba and a TF Gyuto.

Last edited:
Back