New membership for craftsmen

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We have seen a steady increase of young / starting / hobby / part-time / crafstmen who are coming to KKF and want to put their name out there and also sell some of their work. Or even established craftsmen who want to support the community and have the opportunity and motivation to be more active. However we did not really have a membership that would offer them what they needed. Since for regullar members we don't allow promotion and full-blown vendor status is just not what most makers need, nor does it make sense to them economically.

So we have decided to try to offer a membership which we now call 'Supporting Craftsman' to try to cover this need. It can be found in the main menu under 'account upgrades' next to the 'Supporting Member' options.

In a nutshell this new membership offers the following for $99 per year (or $35.00 a month)
  • Using maker's mark / name as avatar and as username
  • Post links to external websites like Instagram, FB, blogs, personal webpages, etc. (including in the signature)
  • List & sell up to 5 own-made items (handles, knives, cutting boards, aprons, etc.) in the BST per month
  • Gain all the all the advantage of the 'Supporting Member' (unlimited PMs, etc.)
We are hoping that this will offer value to new makers and make the KKF a place where members (and potential buyers) can have a direct exchance with makers - something that we have missed in the past few years.

As of posting this we are still fine-tuning the details. So if you have feedback or questions, then please don't hesitate to post them here.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, this is cool. I'm working on a small business currently, plan to sell some nice stabilized blocks and scales for knife making, would I fit under this? Not sure if it's craftsman worthy.

Nice, this is cool. I'm working on a small business currently, plan to sell some nice stabilized blocks and scales for knife making, would I fit under this? Not sure if it's craftsman worthy.
Depends. Are you going to sell a knife at some point that will arrive scratched up so bad that it gets sent back to the maker, and the maker posts Godfather memes regarding it?

It should be made clear that "Supporting craftsman" membership allows you to sell/list your own work (up to 5 pieces per month).

It is not intended to allow people to sell (or flip) multiple BNIB knives. That would require "Supporting Vendor" status.

Last edited:
Back