New Product Survey - Leather Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you mind posting a picture of the scimitar saya after middle layer is cut but before the whole thing is assembled? To show how much play/extra space there is between the middle layer and the knife.

Would you mind posting a picture of the scimitar saya after middle layer is cut but before the whole thing is assembled? To show how much play/extra space there is between the middle layer and the knife.

The first had a little more play and were wider, but the last one was had much less.

Unfortunately, I might not make one for some time, as I gave up on the leather shop. I couldn't justify the cost.
I am turning my attention to my core business - knives, upgrades and some accessories.

Marko

Okey i understand! Waiting on one of your practice gyutos in 52100 from son atm, stoked!
Have an old scimitar which I'm in the progress of restoring and it could need a saya so was thinking about trying my hands on a leather one, would it work if I made the space in the middle more or less same size as the knife or dose it need some wiggle room, especially in the front area I would guess, because of the curvature of the tip.

Okey i understand! Waiting on one of your practice gyutos in 52100 from son atm, stoked!
Have an old scimitar which I'm in the progress of restoring and it could need a saya so was thinking about trying my hands on a leather one, would it work if I made the space in the middle more or less same size as the knife or dose it need some wiggle room, especially in the front area I would guess, because of the curvature of the tip.

Shoot me an email and I can walk you through the process.

I would not be doing the WIP (in pictures) any time soon.

Marko

Latest posts

Back