New Project - Makers, Hobbyists, Tweakers, Knife Nuts with Garages - You NEED to Read This!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, yours should be finished next week. Then Gavin's the following week.

By then hopefully the surface grinder module prototype should be done as well.

Unreal... The grinder was sent yesterday, and tomorrow it is being delivered... Ten thousand miles... I am super excited, even though I am not keeping the little grinder (2x48)

Oh man, I can't wait for this toy to turn up on my doorstep.

I have two in my shop at the moment, both 2x48. Will be outfitting them with motors and VFD and have folks come check them out and pick them up. The logistics of getting them here is a bit complicated and required some serious footwork, but we are past that and from now on should be getting the grinders to the customers in a timely fashion.

The next one will be arriving mid next week. This one will be 2x72.

I also have a 1HP 9" disk grinder (vertical shaft position) for sale if anybody is interested. In my opinion, it's the best budged tool for thinning knives.

Marko, it really is a pleasure to see how this developed from the early stages to (apparently) well running business.

We are still making changes as we go, and the road to bringing an actual product to US market turned out a bit bumpier than expected, but I do believe we have a good product and ideas that is worth pursuing.

The grinder is on its way to PA. Between giving a shop tour, talking about knife making, and then talking about and demonstrating features of the grinder, didn't take any pictures. I guess they will have to be provided by the buyer. ((

Next grinder is going to be picked up sometimes this week, followed by the a third also picked up. The next three grinders are going to be shipped directly to the customers.

Four grinders have been picked up by customers. I believe some pictures and reviews will be coming soon.

Because of the shipping cost to the US, we had to make some changes to our line. We are still ironing out the details, but I will post updates shortly.

Thank you

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

Hey folks,

a quick update on the project. It is alive and well, but there are some changes we had to make, to keep it viable. Shipping to the US is our biggest single unit cost, so offering grinders made of steel is not viable. Instead, all grinders offered in the US will be made of aluminum and steel. Grinders sold in Europe can be made primarily out of steel.

Also, 10" bevel jig is available upon request at this time. It can be used in a variety of ways - bevel grinding, distal taper grinding, hollow grind into the convex edge, etc.

Pricing for the jigs as follows: 6" - $150, 10" - $250 plus shipping.

Soon I will be producing videos with the new grinder. For now, stay tuned))

Gavinsgrinder5.jpg

Gavinsgrinder4.jpg

Gavinsgrinder2.jpg

Gavinsgrinder.jpg

Grindingjig3.jpg

grindingjig 1.jpg

Grindingjig4.jpg

grinding jig 2.jpg

Let's talk about the 10 inch Marko

Sure thing. That's a nice looking grinder, Mike))

I am getting two of 10" jigs, one for myself and one is for sale. My personal take on this is as follows. I do things free-hand most of the time. However, there are times, where a help of this jig could be very useful. Any beginner knife maker could use a little help in the beginning, and this jig does exactly that. Rough grinding bevels and distal taper is a painstaking work and could take a long time. This jig will cut the work in half. Also, if one does kuroochi style knife, or a single bevel knife, this is the right tool for setting the overall uniform bevel that parallels the edge (secondary bevel and convexing one can do free-hand). Truth be told, one can use this jig to do flat grinds with clean plunge lines, hollow grinds, convex grinds. If the end result is more important than whether one gets there with a jig or free hand, this might be something to consider.

I can take a preorder for these, and offer 15% discount if anybody is interested. There are two versions, 6"and 10". Both are available for a preorder.

Thanks,

Marko

That jig looks real nice Marko, it's sounds to be just what I've been looking for. :)

Well, to spice things up, the first 5 units will get a free ground shipping within US, and after 15% discount, the pre-buys cost will be

10" - $210
6" - $125

The offer is on! I can have these in my possession in two weeks.

Dude, that more than fair!

Only problem for me is that I have no grinder to use it with. :(

Marko what's the weight like ? I am interested in 10" , just wondering about the international shipping

This grinder weights 250lb in a steel version. In aluminum, it should be about 2/3 of the steel's version.

Gavinsgrinde12.jpg

Gavinsgrinde11.jpg

Marko

Sent you an email as well. I would like to order a grinder. Is it possible to order an all steel one? I don't mind doing some assembly or sourcing my own motor to keep shipping weight down.

Thanks
Jeremy

Marko

Sent you an email as well. I would like to order a grinder. Is it possible to order an all steel one? I don't mind doing some assembly or sourcing my own motor to keep shipping weight down.

Thanks
Jeremy

The next three grinder that I will be receiving are made of aluminum. Our shipping options to the US are pretty limited. UPS has 70kg limit and anything over it, has to be shipped separately. At a cost of $9/kg (only air freight option available at this time) and an average weight of a steel grinder with attachments 90-100kg crated (we are required to use wooden crates) and more if we have to break the shipment into two crates, the shipping cost is staggering and that made us switch to aluminum. Aluminum weighs 1/3 less, but is comparable to steel in terms of rigidity.

For European market we make offer both steel and aluminum version. Shipping cost in Europe is 1/6 of that to the US.

In US we offer two options - drop-ship the grinder to the customer and supply a motor and VFD, or ship the grinder fully assembled with motor and VFD at additional cost. If first option is chosen, I will provide a technical assistance mounting the motor and connecting the cables.

We can do a steel version or universal or vertical grinder, but would need to surcharge for the additional shipping cost.

Thank you,

Marko

Detailed pictures of a small wheel attachment with a table. The small wheel is made of a hardened steel, which translates into a long life of the wheel, one can operate it on high rpm, and one can apply quite a bit of pressure on it.

IMG_1199.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

Hi folks,
were are going to make a batch of these jigs and since they are made to order due to cost consideration (surface grinding all parts), if anybody is interested in one, please shoot me a pm or email.

This jig will require a longer table. We offer one, or you can source one locally. The table has to be securely bolted to your grinder's work table, so please keep that in mind.

We are still offering a a discount if you opt for a pre-buy, so the jig's price is $200 with a free shipping in US and about $240 (shipped) in Europe.

Thanks,

Marko

View attachment 33459

View attachment 33460

Back