new triple A french steel, hrc 59-60

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to KKF! Nice to see more and more makers joining this forum.

While it's awesome to see a list of celebrity chefs using your knives, it would be WAY more persuasive if you just make a passaround and let old KKF users test your knives and gave reviews ;)

Was the post of alleged knife maker deleted?

Too bad, because it was a great post....

Are you referring to the "finger guard" or all bolsters? Cause I'm with Chuck on this....

The fingerguard things. I don't really consider a metal ferrule at the end of the scales to be a bolster, as it doesn't really bolster anything. Anything that interferes with sharpening or getting the whole damn edge on the board is a problem, in my opinion.

The fingerguard things. I don't really consider a metal ferrule at the end of the scales to be a bolster, as it doesn't really bolster anything. Anything that interferes with sharpening or getting the whole damn edge on the board is a problem, in my opinion.
:plus1:

Yeah I agree totally about the finger guard, but when I'm talking bolsters I mean like integrals on Bill Burke, Rader, and Shigefusa Yo's.

Yeah. Finger guards suck. I guess that what they're called when the bolster go's to the heel like some wustofs. Only good for opening cans. But +1 on burke's, Raders's, ect. There are plenty of bolster that I don't think effect sharpening. Although I do prefer wa handles.

Yeah I agree totally about the finger guard, but when I'm talking bolsters I mean like integrals on Bill Burke, Rader, and Shigefusa Yo's.

I don't really consider those bolsters, and they certainly aren't a problem.

I don't really consider those bolsters, and they certainly aren't a problem.

Well technically they are bolsters.

And regarding bolsters/"finger guard" that run the height of the knife, if you learn how to deal with them in sharpening they're not as big a pain as you lead on.

Well technically they are bolsters.

And regarding bolsters/"finger guard" that run the height of the knife, if you learn how to deal with them in sharpening they're not as big a pain as you lead on.

I know exactly how to deal with them, and they are still a pain.

I have to agree. I don't like them. I couldn't imagine buying a knife with a finger guard. I don't really see the purpose.

Back