New year’s menus

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Danny

Sorry about that pineapple pizza thing
Reaction score
So folks, what are you cooking to end another year?

As far as the menu goes in my house

• Charcoal smoked oysters with pickled cucumbers and wild garlic buds

• Foie grais with sour raspberry, syrup and crackers

• Tatar with white truffle, eggs and cress

• Leg of lamb with cream, leeks and potatoes.

• Lemon fromage

We're just going to be with a couple of friends and since all of us are both too stuffed from christmas, and can't particularly be bothered to do elaborate cooking we'll be doing more of a grazing style concept of snacks, cheeses, charcutterie etc.
I'll be throwing in a flattened deboned guineafowl with a peppersauce, but that's mostly because I still had it laying around in the fridge...

So folks, what are you cooking to end another year?

As far as the menu goes in my house

• Charcoal smoked oysters with pickled cucumbers and wild garlic buds

• Foie grais with sour raspberry, syrup and crackers

• Tatar with white truffle, eggs and cress

• Leg of lamb with cream, leeks and potatoes.

• Lemon fromage
If you are in Cph I can be there in 30 minutes 😉 🍴

We traveled for Christmas, so a nicer NYE meal at home is planned:
  • Duck confit on mixed green salad
  • Pea/cauliflower/pepper mousse from Ruhlman
  • Ciabatta
  • Jamón serrano croquetas
  • Blini with ossetra
  • Magnum of champagne 🍾
New Year’s Day will be black eyed peas, collard greens and tamales.

IMG_9327.jpeg

The two intended guests are down with Covid, so we bagged the leg of lamb and will likely be reheating pizza from last night' dinner. It's just me and my 10-year-old son, and he's perfectly happy with that menu as long as there are also some tortilla chips as a side dish.

hot pot was a hit.

I really shouldn't have slipped that square of udon noodles into the broth at the end. I was a bloated pig. figured I would start the new year being gluttonous. :(. :D

We skipped the oysters. Made them as a side dish with truffle mayo together with homemade cheese burgers and fries

For NYE, Leftover pizza was a hit (for my son). Leftover porcini and goat cheese risotto and leftover Chinese BBQ boneless ribs was a hit for me. If nothing else, the risotto is something I made so not everything was reheated delivery stuff 😁

For NY dinner tonight, I made a pasta sauce from braised oxtails I had frozen from 2 or so years back, shallot, garlic, red pepper flakes, canned tomatoes, vegetable stock, a little cream and finished with parmesan. Plus a homemade garlic bread-like bread thing.

Back