Stefan's News from the shop

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, just a quick update although there is not much to report. I moved, living in a place that takes me back to my student dorm times. My work contract ends next week and I have no idea where it will go from there - waiting to hear about a contract extension decision as well as decisions on two other jobs I applied for - neither of them anywhere close to making me happy or paying enough to survive where I am. A bunch of other job applications are open, but they are for hires sometime next year. So, still working on things, juggling things and trying to survive month to month.

While things don't look great, I still managed to crawl out of a deep black hole of depression. In July and August I would not have taken any bets on surviving the next week. Depression really sucks and takes every bit of energy out of you. But I moved beyond that, still far behind where I would like to be, but I am working on it.

I hope I will eventually have a few more positive things to say. To all of you who are still waiting for something from me, I am trying to catch up - and please feel free to contact me, I know I owe several people still handles, answers, etc., and I am trying to catch up.

Stefan

Have not posted here in awhile and came across this, really pulling for you Stefan.

Please stay well and hang in there best you can. :)

(btw, still using that Steve Mullin/Pack River chef knife I got from you a few years back)

Ok, 8h before my contract expired I was notified that my job will get extended for a year. Still the job I never wanted, but I can now continue to apply and do not have to move to the beach while I am doing that. Probably will get drunk tonight. Small steps, but a little more light than a couple of months ago.

Stefan

Ok, 8h before my contract expired I was notified that my job will get extended for a year. Still the job I never wanted, but I can now continue to apply and do not have to move to the beach while I am doing that. Probably will get drunk tonight. Small steps, but a little more light than a couple of months ago.

Stefan

Damn, that's too close of a call there.

Stefan

This is why guns are not allowed in the workplace. I know a little bit how you feel, this is the first time in three years that I haven't had my hours cut in half for Oct to Jan waiting for our grants to kick in. As the saying goes...this too shall pass.

Be well my friend,
Mikey

Just came into the shop briefly to prepare a few things and looked at how much work it will be to take the shop down - makes me want to run away screaming...

1) This is probably about 1/4 of my stabilized wood. There is at least twice that much cut to blanks that is not stabilized, yet. And then there are the boards and blocks...

2) Some of my stabilized koa

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Good Evening Stefan,

My name is Mac on the forum and I am looking for some handle wood options for my Watanabe cutlery. After reading some of your posts I realize things are a little difficult at this time but would you be able to offer some options? I realize your website has also taken a hit and hope this is the proper way to contact you about my needs.

Regards,
Mac

Good Evening Stefan,

My name is Mac on the forum and I am looking for some handle wood options for my Watanabe cutlery. After reading some of your posts I realize things are a little difficult at this time but would you be able to offer some options? I realize your website has also taken a hit and hope this is the proper way to contact you about my needs.

Regards,
Mac

Stefan has recently moved across country (HI to PA) and started a new job. You might want to contact him via a PM. I'm not sure how much time he spends on the forums or if he will see this post.

Stefan has recently moved across country (HI to PA) and started a new job. You might want to contact him via a PM. I'm not sure how much time he spends on the forums or if he will see this post.

Bkultra - thanks for the follow-up. Mac

Back