Next vs El Bulli

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I was only at Alinea once, but my server came back with extra pours on 3-4 bottles of the wine (but not the specialty drinks obviously), but I have heard that criticism before. Also, some people complained about the quality/value, but I went back and checked the wines offered during my meal and I think 75% of them got 90+ average on cellar tracker -- and they are seriously hard raters. They are hard on wines like we are on knives.

k.

Interesting. I was only at Alinea once, but my server came back with extra pours on 3-4 bottles of the wine (but not the specialty drinks obviously), but I have heard that criticism before. Also, some people complained about the quality/value, but I went back and checked the wines offered during my meal and I think 75% of them got 90+ average on cellar tracker -- and they are seriously hard raters. They are hard on wines like we are on knives.

k.

I imagine it depends on who was running the dining room. I know when I went, the best damn FOH Manager/GM had already left and went to Next so I'm not sure who was left in charge of Alinea's FOH. The difference from Alinea and Next is night and day and I really believe that is because the GM of Next is at the top of his game. That alone has hooked my wife and I on Next, although the food is pretty badass as well :hungry: .

Back