Non-rectangler Bulletin: Need an ARM knife?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are you a gyuto, bunka, santoku, petty, or dare I say it... Serbian chef knife enthusiast? This is a call out to my fellow knife enthusiast guys and gals who are not members of the cult of the rectangle but would still like to participate in All Rectangle March. If you, like myself, purchase shiny rectangular objects but never quite mesh with them and find yourself lacking a rectangle for this months festivities then I have an offer for you.

Some of the rectanglularish objects I've enjoyed the most are some fairly cheap ones I've snagged while perusing markets in Sacramento and the San Diego Mira Mesa and Kearny Mesa neighborhoods for ingredients. Here they are with a 175mm x 65mm Eddworks nakiri for size comparison. Is the edge retention good? No, it ****ing sucks. The bigger one is 4cr13 and the Myland is a mystery. That said, the Myland can be touched up really easily to bring back a nice edge and reminds me of something like the 8cr13mov used in import Kershaw pocket knives. Is it anything amazing? No, but it's solid and serviceable for a budget steel.

Shi Ba Zi no. 2 206mm x 89mm and 286g
Myland 167mm 50mm and 156g* (heights measured at the belly)

IMG20240303103741.jpg

So, if you don't have a rectangle for this month and want to try one one of these its yours free in CONUS. If someone outside CONUS wants one, I'd ask for the difference in shipping costs. If more folks are interested, I can try and find time later this week to try and grab a couple more from the market.**

Cheers!

*Please note, due to the belly on the Myland this will not likely pass inspection of the International Board of Rectangles. You use this and/or present this for inspection at your own risk.

**By accepting a rectangle, or having an interest in All Rectangle March piqued by this post, I am absolved of any responsibility for any resulting rectangle and/or knife addictions.

Last edited:
I was joking because I have no true 4 siders for ARM. This is very cool of you. Cheers brother!

ETA: honestly I miss read the thread title finding it in “new posts” and thought it was a close to rectangle pic thread because of ARM. 😣

Back