• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT Oatley 210 san mai gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! Just picked this up from another forum member about a month ago, looking to trade...just seeing if there is any interest. I would like to try a Xerxes, or Yanick....but im entertaining all offers (would also love another comet/tansu in the kit as well). Love the knife, absolute stunner to use and wouldn't be disappointed to keep it. I used it lightly for about a week in a pro kitchen then had it sharpened/polished/re-etched by Craig at carbon knife. He did a wonderful job! Cuts like a dream and is screaming sharp. Only flaw is that the saya pin is REALLY hard to get out once its in. Seems like its tight up against the knife, not that the hole isn't big enough. Saya is not friction fit whatsoever but I haven't had an issue with it coming off in my roll. I've just been leaving the pin out. Thank you for your consideration!
Trade value: ~900 usd
Specs:
Size: 210mm by 74mm at heel.
Blade: San mai stainless clad vtoku2 core
handle/saya: matching bocote handle and saya
weight: 261g
Edit: looking for 210-220mm gyuto length.
20200609_150200.jpg
20200609_150208.jpg
20200609_150140.jpg
20200609_150101.jpg

Last edited:
Back