• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Oatley 270MM Damasteel Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V1P

Reaction score
Have to let this one go, as I need the funding. Knife is unused, brand spanking new. It is a monster, will definitely destroy anything you throw at it.

Specs :

Edge length 270mm
Height at heel 60mm
Thickness at spine 3.2mm

Comes with saya from the maker himself. Price is USD$1520, worldwide shipping (basic shipping without tracking),and Paypal fee included. I am located in Australia.

Please PM for any questions.

DBBA2465-F6FD-4E66-91C9-80EAFA7A5F1B.jpg

50F11248-3A1B-48C2-9528-306880EBEB08.jpg

481F748F-5512-435D-877C-6DA71E09F1F5.jpg

60FB728E-74CB-48AF-A711-6DAB151CEDAD.jpg

Oh man what a gorgeous knife. Been wanting to try one of his too.. Hmm

For those who do not know who James Oatley is, he is one of the premier bladesmith from downunder who specializes in kitchen knives. His custom list has been closed for a while now, this is one chance to try one of his without the wait.

His instagram page : http://instagram.com/oatleyknives

Damn sexy knife and he makes a killer blade. If I didn't already have a honyaki suji from him I would be tempted by this...

Stainless Yanagi is my next from him if he ever opens his list again.

And someone should really jump on this

I'm pretty confident in saying you will be hard pressed to find a better cutter than this.

Thank you for the kind words, guys.

Lazarus : sorry, I need the funds and not looking fot trades at moment.

Price drop $1490, Paypal fee and basic(no tracking or insurance) international shipping included.

I am located in Australia.

That is a thing of beauty, just a bit long for me. GLWS

Latest posts

Back