• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Oblivion Blades 210mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMan

Reaction score
Oblivion 210mm gyuto.
210 mm x 50 mm
1095 steel (~62hrc)
Burnt Tasmanian Oak handle and two-tone Gidgee ferrule.
This one ran me $250. Used once. Asking $200.

Oblivion Blades is an Australian maker. This one is a midweight with a stout grind--it’s not super thin behind the edge (like some of his higher end work), but prioritizes durability. This was part of a series he did at a lower pricepoint than his spiffier stuff.
ob flash.jpg
ob no flash.jpg
ob no flash two.jpg
choil one.jpg
Ob choil.jpg

Last edited:
US.
I should’ve mentioned that [emoji846]

That's a sharp looking knife, looks like it would be good in a house were others are present. I love the lines on the blade as well.

That's a sharp looking knife, looks like it would be good in a house were others are present. I love the lines on the blade as well.
Yeah, pretty stout edge plus a little bit of belly up front so it's good for rocking. Definitely not a knife that needs to be babied...

Bump. It's a good knife for two bills.

Let's bump this too while I'm at it...
and try $190. Pretty good deal, I think, if you want to try an Oblivion. I've got $260 into this.

gratz, it seeems a nice knife. Really like the looks of it.

Beautiful, reminds me of home and tall. Looks like it has a bit of a belly though, how is it for push cutting?

Back