Oh Hey I'm new

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SharpestToolintheShed

Reaction score
I've always liked knives but lately the addiction has taken a turn for the worse.
It started with a Global Knife (ok hiss boo) back in 2000. I did not know any better. It was a GF33 and I really liked it. Oh wait...I had a Zwilling Santoku before that in maybe 1998. Supposed to last a lifetime they said.

I got bored first.

Fast foward to 2024. My main knife is a TF Denka Gyuto. My beater knife is a Tadafusa and my latest buy is a Kramer Zwilling Carbon 2.0.

Last a lifetime? pahhh...i have to scratch that itch.

What do I want next? maybe a paring knife...I'm bored of my Shun Kanso paring knife. I had a Sakai Takayuki Grand Cheff (sic) before that. I really want the perfect paring knife. I've looked at the Misono UX10 but it feels overpriced for mediocre stamped steel.

I've always liked knives but lately the addiction has taken a turn for the worse.
It started with a Global Knife (ok hiss boo) back in 2000. I did not know any better. It was a GF33 and I really liked it. Oh wait...I had a Zwilling Santoku before that in maybe 1998. Supposed to last a lifetime they said.

I got bored first.

Fast foward to 2024. My main knife is a TF Denka Gyuto. My beater knife is a Tadafusa and my latest buy is a Kramer Zwilling Carbon 2.0.

Last a lifetime? pahhh...i have to scratch that itch.
Welcome aboard! Wondering how you maintain your knives.

Ceramic honing rod
Strop with that green paste
Shapton glass stones 220, 1000, 3000 grit
I hope you don't start every full sharpening with a SG220. Otherwise, life span of a carbon with its low abrasion resistance could be rather short. A lot of ceramic rods don't help either. For a long time they can be maintained with only a few strokes on the finest stone.

Latest posts

Back