one of the craziest knives i've ever made

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes! What's a gishiki?
Gishiki Bocho
Gishiki Bocho is for the knife to ceremonies for Inperial Court or Shinto Shrine to fillet fish without touching the fish with hands. Using just the knife and silver chopsticks. It needs high skill of knife handling and culinary art knowledge to be the person. Gishiki Bocho is sometimes called Shiki Bocho as abbreviation form. It has been history to be used the knife for over 350 years in Japan.

What impresses me about Hoss is is ability to raise the bar!

The knife it self is impressive, but what I find most impressive is the hours of manual labor put into this one. It takes a LOT of skills, patience and pasion for the work. Hoss seams to put the ecomical boarders aside to create a masterpiece like this. Thaks Hoss for keeping the world of knives in continues development. I hope to once meet you personally, just to meet the man behind the knives.

I dont only buy knives of astetical point of view, I also invest in the maker himself!
You are worth your own weight in gold (and that should make you insane rich) :p

Im still a fan of your work! Free dinner and lunch if you ever come to Norway :)

Thanks Oivind,

that's a lot of ounces of gold

Hoss

here is the back side for you TK

Hoss

003.jpg

You've GOT to be kidding me. That's the backside on the same knife?!:notworthy:

THat is truly sick work of a dedicated, skilled man. AMAZING!!! It more than deserves professional pics.

Back