Own Design Takeda 240 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol if there is interest in a pass a round. there is always interest in a good maker. Great looking blade there, hope it is what you were hopeing it would be.

drool :drool:
beautiful knife and the profile looks just perfect!

This Takeda profile design really speaks to me, been dreaming about a knife that has a sweet spot near the tip for fine cutting work. How does this compare to the standard Takeda gyuto - visually looks similar, but believe this custom has less belly?

cheers. guys.

ar11, this one is nothing like your standard takeda in profile. its much thinner and a smal belly. the standard takeda has a big belly with slim to non sweetspot. and is thicker.

Any updates? Hows this one been working out?
Pics? Vids?

[video=youtube;PG4ueCBbzo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PG4ueCBbzo8[/video]

[video=youtube;UrHpA9c_sgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrHpA9c_sgc[/video]

Im stil waiting on it. i had a friend chef in the states testing it. it needs some thining cuz it came pretty wedgy from takeda. also gonna have a saya made for it before i do a passaround on it.

Hate to revive an old thread. Magnus is there anything you would do different if you had the chance to do it again? Would you still get a takeda seeing how you had to send it back after receiving it? Your profile is exactly what i have been looking for.

Nice handwork Magnus no doubt. It does look and sound like your applying a decent amount of force on the blade to make the cuts. My Takeda Banno had thick secondary bevels, though sharp as hell. That's the reason I finally passed it on. These days I have such a light hand on my knives, I'm just a busy home cook and can take the time to keep fresh edges. Nice hand work Mr M.

Nice handwork Magnus no doubt. It does look and sound like your applying a decent amount of force on the blade to make the cuts. My Takeda Banno had thick secondary bevels, though sharp as hell. That's the reason I finally passed it on. These days I have such a light hand on my knives, I'm just a busy home cook and can take the time to keep fresh edges. Nice hand work Mr M.

That isn't Magnus in the vids. He sent it to a chef buddy to put it through the paces.

Back