Oyster ideas?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you decide to try doing some cooked I am quite partial to steamed oysters with ginger & shallot, something similar to David Changs ginger scallion sauce, some corriander as well. Or Maybe steamed with XO sauce

I have a great home made XO that I use for shrimp tempura....Might work well with oysters. But this time around I'll only be doing raw.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Not for this party...but will definitely be doing the oyster shooter idea when the weather get warmer!

I've thought about XO sauce for raw preparations and have thought that a relish of sorts made with a little XO and the oil, with some thinly julienned green onion (white part only), small cilantro leaves (or even finely diced turnips) and a touch of Chinese black vinegar would go well with raw shellfish, since you see variations of this combo, minus the Chinese black vinegar, served with all kinds of seafood in China and Taiwan.

Back