Pensacola Tiger's Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looking at the thumbnail of this knife I thought there was a dragon on it. Wow that's crazy nice and Michael's integrals are so killer - I love it!

A pair of Carters, with new handles by Mike Henry. More when they are delivered.

(Photo courtesy of Mike Henry.)

IMG_1160.jpg

Just looking at the thumbnail of this knife I thought there was a dragon on it. Wow that's crazy nice and Michael's integrals are so killer - I love it!

OMG!!! Integral damascus bolsters! Somebody must not be telling the truth. I just found this http://www.williams-sonoma.com/pro...ascus-chefs-knife/?pkey=cchefs-santoku-knives and it clearly says that their knife is the first knife to have integral damascus bolsters. Could it be that they're stretching the truth? Nahhh...they wouldn't do that would they? Of course they are charging $1000 for a commercially-made knife.....:bigeek:

i also sincerely doubt that the knife linked is the first German made damascus knife.

Well, there is that also... :biggrin:.

Really like the bolster. Would like it on my custom. Hmmm.....

Amazing knives, Rick!
What are the deets on the "murdered out" Carter SFGZ? Looks like a nice petty.

Amazing knives, Rick!
What are the deets on the "murdered out" Carter SFGZ? Looks like a nice petty.

Murray calls it a "Yanagi-ba both Bevel", but it sure looks and performs like a petty. That's one of Mike's "black handles" on it.

I won't have it back from Mike until later this week, but here are the specs from Carter Cutlery:
STYLE: Stainless Fukugozai Yanagi-ba both Bevel
STEEL: White Steel, laminated w/ stainless steel
WEIGHT: 70 grams
BLADE LENGTH: 5.5 sun, 165m (6½")
BLADE WIDTH: 27mm
BLADE THICKNESS: 1.2mm

That's a great combo of Carters and Henrys.
That petty is a bit of a show stealer, but I'm not sure why, especially considering the gorgeous handle next to it.

Michael Rader 4" Damascus Parer wow wow wow! I need it's twin. The Carter funayuki too. This place isn't good for my wallet. Must resist... Ahh resistance is futile.:biggrin:

That's a very cool knife but I don't see how you put damascus integrals on a monosteel core knife.

That's a very cool knife but I don't see how you put damascus integrals on a monosteel core knife.

I should clarify this. During the creation of the knife, Michael wrote this about it:

"... it ... has a core of 52100, San Mai -style with sides of random damascus. Bolsters are forge-welded on with a different type of damascus."

Shigefusa 27 cm Kitaeji yanagiba

The handle is by Stefan Keller, of Hawaiian Signature tree with a desert ironwood ferrule.

Measurements:
Handle Length- 143mm
Overall Length- 410mm
Blade Length- 267mm
Blade Height at Heel- 31mm
Width of Spine at Handle- 4.60mm
Width of Spine Above Heel- 4.10mm
Width of Spine at Middle- 2.90mm
Width of Spine about 1cm from the tip- 0.65mm
Weight- 198g

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

+2
Here I was thinking I had a handle on what he owns and I don't recognize 3 in a row.
Keep them coming!

Delbert Ealy 14 cm damascus wa-petty

The handle is cherry burl with a California buckeye burl ferrule. The steel is Delbert Ealy damascus, an 01/L6 mix.

Measurements:
Handle Length - 129mm
Overall Length - 288mm
Blade Length- 159mm
Edge Length - 140mm
Blade Height at Heel - 30mm
Width of Spine at Handle - 2.00mm
Width of Spine Above Heel - 2.00mm
Width of Spine at Middle - 2.00mm
Width of Spine about 1cm from the tip - 0.70mm
Weight - 93g

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

That is a seriously good looking knife love that profile.

Murray Carter 7.6 sun HG funayuki

Blade is Hitachi White #1 laminated between SUS410 stainless.

Measurements:
Overall Length - 376 mm
Blade Length- 240 mm
Edge Length - 229 mm
Blade Height at Heel - 46 mm
Width of Spine Above Heel - 2.20 mm
Width of Spine at Middle - 1.85 mm
Width of Spine about 1cm from the tip - 0.55 mm
Weight - 166 g

Custom handle by Mike Henry made of redwood with maple burl ferrule and buttcap.
Ferrule 19 x 22 mm
Butt 22.5 x 24.5 mm
Length 136 mm

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

That handle is unbelievable! Who is Mike Henry? Great color. Wow.

Back