Permasoak King 800?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do people use the king 800 with the bester 1200 or are they sort of equivalent or do they have different jobs. Also what is the benefit of perma soak ? Which stones should I do that 2 and does repeated soaking and drying damage the stone?

So do people use the king 800 with the bester 1200 or are they sort of equivalent or do they have different jobs. Also what is the benefit of perma soak ? Which stones should I do that 2 and does repeated soaking and drying damage the stone?

you can use the bester 1200 as a mid grit stone for the edge and king 800 for an even finish on secondary bevel, these 2 stones do different things, permasoak stones are ready when you are instead of waiting 15-30minutes for stones to saturate. which stones should you permasoak? can you be more specific? as long as you dry a stone that can be permasoaked in a well ventilated area you should be good.

Only particular stones can be permasoaked. Saves you having to soak them every time you want to use them.

General use - repeated soaking and drying, doesn't damage stones.

you can use the bester 1200 as a mid grit stone for the edge and king 800 for an even finish on secondary bevel, these 2 stones do different things, permasoak stones are ready when you are instead of waiting 15-30minutes for stones to saturate. which stones should you permasoak? can you be more specific? as long as you dry a stone that can be permasoaked in a well ventilated area you should be good.

Thanks. I seem to recall that some stones are no good to be perma soaked can't recall which and why.

Thanks. I seem to recall that some stones are no good to be perma soaked can't recall which and why.

Combo stones will seperate, lots of stones aren't what you would call permasoakers...

Jon had a good post somewhere about permasoaking. The different types and how they act IE resin based stone

Back