Pet peeves

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usin my bakers table for anything but baking... What I walked into this morning!! Burns and grease!!

qEYzZOA.jpg

Usin my bakers table for anything but baking... What I walked into this morning!! Burns and grease!!

qEYzZOA.jpg

Lol, do we work at the same place? Some guys at night did the same thing to me with a few cast iron pans a couple days ago. People these days literally work with their brains off, and on top of that they really don't care about the job they're doing. It's awesome lol.

The mixer is right next to my wood top table too. I should take a pic and show you how similar our setups are lol. I even keep my flour at the top left of the board too, assuming that's flour, when I do my pastas.

That's funny. The cambro is one of my starters. Flour is kept under the table. The mixer is my smaller one, a 30qt. My big guy is to the right I the board.

The guys here have no respect for my area, let alone what I do. When I'm not there Saturday nights, they think my table is a giant cutting board and a place to put hot pans apparently. It jut started to happen, but its getting old real quick.

A couple of mine... Guys that have an aversion to cleaning up after themselves, and guys that steal my mise en place because they're too lazy to prep their own. Sh!t really ticks me off.

- taking 5 minutes to really reorganize my lowboy before service; returning to it 5 minutes later and someone else uses it as a quick storage space for the their unlabeled delis while my system has been completely ingnored and obliterated..."oh look here comes chef...what a perfect time for him to want something from my station"

-mindless call backs...there's a grill cook who constantly just repeats the entire verbal call from expo. way to confirm that i know whats going on over on my side! Call back what you make on your station!!

-Not just for a kitchen: people need to use their pleases and thank yous more often

Back