• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Traded (Price drop) 254 mm Birch & Bevel (Spare + Huber) Masur Edition Gyuto - $340

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VincenteFox

Reaction score
Bought in November from Modern Cooking. 1.2419 made by Fredrik Spare with a really lovely masur birch handle by Martin Huber.

It's a well-balanced knife. I find that it feels nice in the hand with good f&f, but there are just other knives I want more (and am working on obtaining to try out). Since I have "enough knives," getting more means letting some go.

I lightly sharpened it once, because it didn't have a great OOB edge, and have used it maybe 5-8 times. It's in good shape. There's a funny little patina swirl near the heel of the blade on one side (I tried to catch it in the video), but it can't be felt.

Same knife from this pass-around but with the masur birch handle.

Specs on mine:
Length: 253 mm
Weight: 210 g
Height at heel: 58mm
Spine width at heel: ~3.6mm

Asking $360 $340 shipped in US.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Bringing this back up once more before agreeing to a trade I've been offered. I'd rather sell and free up the space, but I'd also rather not have a nice knife just sitting around unused.

Back