Question about Nenox jigged bone handle gyutos ... are they actually good?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaeysehn

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been a part of the KKF community for some time, and then stepped away as I found my core set of knives that I'm happy with (comet, takamura, xerxes, a select few konosuke, etc.)

One thing I never got to try was a nenox gyuto, particularly the ones with the jigged bone handles.

Recently have been thinking about getting one as a gift for a friend. Said friend uses wusthof (for beater jobs) and takamura (for more precise jobs). I'm considering this as a gift as the handle is finished very nicely and frankly i think the nice fnf will serve as a good knife for a gift.

I'm curious, what are people's experience with these nenox knives? I'm worried they are too thick behind the edge, or perhaps the strike a good balance between 'durability' bte and thinness to move through product easily? What do you all think? are they difficult to thin? do they get quite thick after a few sharpening sessions? Any other opinions?

And of course, the most important question... which color handle? i'm leaning towards blue :)

Cheers all

ah yes... missed that thread. thanks for the help! maybe mods can help to close this one

Back