Quick: best knife for $150

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Takamura r2 180 or 210 mm gyuto with exchange rate at fine japanese knives is just under by a smidge, amazing cutter's 1.6mm thick at the spine on the 210 1/5 on the 180, cuts like a scalpal, probably the worlds thinnest production san mai, cool red pakka handle. Otherwise I'd buy a masakage yuki kamagata, just to be different

bro what the hell? These Americans have the pick of the litter when it comes to vendors!! I'm blaming you for the lack of haruyuki in stock at fjk !!!

Does FJK even ship outside of Canada? I found the Takamura prices really good even within Canada notwithstanding the exchange rate advantage for those in USA.

If you're in nyc, MTC kitchen also sells the Takamura Pro/Blazen, I know when I got my petty it was probably like $120 and includes a nice saya. This line is more robust than the R2, also has a full tang and welded bolster

Does FJK even ship outside of Canada? I found the Takamura prices really good even within Canada notwithstanding the exchange rate advantage for those in USA.

If you're in nyc, MTC kitchen also sells the Takamura Pro/Blazen, I know when I got my petty it was probably like $120 and includes a nice saya. This line is more robust than the R2, also has a full tang and welded bolster

TJ, I've bought one from them. Shipped down under no probs.
Kev

Back