Quick review of the Sigma Power Ceramic 6000.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just realized all the comments I made on this thread were actually in reference to the other sigma 6k(pink speckled).
This one sounds like a winner.
This thread is about the pink speckled one I believe. Also called the jinzo renge suita. Sigma has two 6k stones. That and the select II. They're both excellent but in my experience both too fine for knife use. For tool use they are excellent

There's the power ceramic and the select II. No power select. Lol

It's the select II stone. Says in the same. Them Them adding the word power is incorrect. I wish tfj was still there

That depends on the subject. Evolving opinions based on experience is good. Making technical statements about something's properties really shouldn't change. I'd argue whether a stone *can* be perma-soaked is a property and doesn't change. Whether it *should* be perma-soaked is an opinion and subject to different goals, situations, and experiences.

I understand that the properties of something can't change. I also understand that our understanding of those properties can change. This very well might change the technical part.
It's very hard to admit change. We are hardwired not to. But it's definitely a good thing to admit change.

Stu Tierney says all the sigma stones can be permasoaked. My friend has this stone and it lives in a water bucket. Has for over 5 years

Back