Rant!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Dave, did you get your saw running true?

So, Dave, did you get your saw running true?

I haven't even looked at it since I last posted. I guess I was fortunate to have a lot of other things to do to keep me away from that thing or it's be smashed to pieces by now. I do need to get cutting again soon though so we'll see.

Dave, I know it doesn't help you, but this thread has taught me something.

I will buy the best tools my money can possibly buy, even if that means getting less tools and doing more work. :thumbsup:

yep cry once and be done with it
i killed 2 metal saws before i got my reall made in the USA roll in saw and i ll never loook back (the wood saw well needs abit of work yet )

Breakthrough today! No I didn't buy a Powermatic or Laguna but I'm almost as happy as if I had. :EDance2:

I had to cut some wood to start prepping scales for the next round sO I knew I had to look at the monster again so I figured "F" it and dove in head first. I took apart the top and bottom guide rollers/bearing assemblies and the table and found something very interesting. Just under the table wedged in between the bottom rear roller was a small piece of wood. It was wedged against the side of the roller and had pushed the assembly down and to the outside in such a way that I couldn't properly see the whole roller to adjust the gap. This little piece of wood was pushing on the wheel that in turn pushed on the blade causing it to twist and bind. All this happening under the table out of sight.

The thing is cruising like a champ now. :D

Still doesn't account for the terrible quality control problems with all of my blade sources but at least that one problem is fixed.

Congratulations, Dave! I was starting to think you were cursed, lol.

Woo-Hoo!! Nothing like a good careful look around to get to the bottom of a problem! Congrats!

I was gonna start my own rant thread but figured I'd just hijack Dave's.
It's 1 AM and my drunken imbecile neighbors are making all kinds of noise. I can understand why Americans get a bad rap. These shitbirds have no respect for anyone else, and it reflects poorly on all the rest of us living in a host nation. Bunch of Jerry Springer rejects. No wonder we can't win a war against a bunch of sheep & goat herders. Say what you will, but you ain't here.

I was gonna start my own rant thread but figured I'd just hijack Dave's.
It's 1 AM and my drunken imbecile neighbors are making all kinds of noise. I can understand why Americans get a bad rap. These shitbirds have no respect for anyone else, and it reflects poorly on all the rest of us living in a host nation. Bunch of Jerry Springer rejects. No wonder we can't win a war against a bunch of sheep & goat herders. Say what you will, but you ain't here.

On my 2nd year In the UK (maybe 19 at the time?) I started to realize how awful Americans (yes I'm one of them) can be with regards to how we act. This really changed the way I think with regards to world views and travel.

Back