• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Really Special Gyutos (price drops!)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, been dreading doing this, but need to list some of my favorites for sale. They don't get the usage they should be getting from me, and I have been accumulating way too much. With that being said let's talk about the goods.

All prices include UPS ground shipping in the US. International is +35 and buyers risk so far as customs go, never had a problem yet but has to be put out there. Discounts for multiple, and for fee-less payment methods.

Knives available:

1. Carter Mastersmith Damascus Gyuto $1200
2. Isasmedjan Blue 2 Integral Honyaki $850
3. Ikeda White 1 Moon over Mt Fuji Western Ironwood Honyaki with matching saya $1650
4. Shibata/ Yasha Yukawa Tamahagane Santoku $850

all.jpg

1. Carter Mastersmith. I am really sad to be listing this and secretly hoping it doesn't sell. This will probably out cut almost anything you have tried. The grind is super thin, not to mention even. The damascus is the nicest damascus I've seen and really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated. It's holographic. The ironwood handle is extremely well done. This has been used 3 times tops. Has a beautiful blue patina on the white 1 core. Has very light signs of use, maybe a tiny scratch or two. Nothing to write home about. 216 x51mm, 175g. $1200

carter1.jpg

carter2.jpg

2. Isasmedjan Blue 2 integral honyaki $850. New, never cut, has slight patina in some spots from storage. Probably the best hamon out of aogami I've seen...really difficult to do. The integral bolster with a thumb sized dent in it makes it extremely comfy in hand. Only posting this up because I'm hoping to score a custom spot from jonas and do a slightly different config. Super thin grind. Macassar ebony mono handle, great fit and finish. Some small scratches on the mirror finish, came like that. That's just the way mirror honyakis are, but this is close to perfect. 250mm x55.8mm

jonas.jpg

Next up is a super heavy hitter. Ikeda white 1 mt fuji 240mm for $1650 with custom ironwood saya. Was a grail for me, not only a moon over mt fuji, but in white 1 as opposed to the more common white 2, and with the best ironwood handle you will ever see. I got a custom ironwood saya made for it because why not. Burrfection store is selling the same spec for $3200. Get this one for half the price and with a custom ironwood saya by the man sean porter. Please note, this is heavily discounted, mainly due to lots of hairline scratches. In a lot of lighting the finish is a perfect mirror, but if you catch it at the right angle, the scratches pop. Unfortunately, just the name of the game with mirror finished honyakis. Could probably be buffed up pretty easily on a buffing wheel, or with some flitz. Please see the video. 240x48mm

ironwood2.jpg

ironwood3.jpg

hamon.jpg

mirror.jpg

Last but not least...super special knife. This is a Tamahagane (made by shiba and Yukawa) iron clad and forged by Shibata along with help from swordsmith Yasha yukawa:

Apparently 3 of these santoku exist. This is a super convex grind on it. Been used 3-4 times, great stable patina. Insane 2 tone amboyna and horn handle by jobone. Never sharpened. 178x48mm $800
santoku.jpg

Last edited:
Cool knives, no doubt.

But I dont think the mentioned store can be a benchmark.
Anyway, good luck with the sale.
It definitely can when they are the only one with the exact same knife in stock. Most of the others are white 2/3, or white 1 non full tang westerns.

Their prices are generally pretty in line with any other store...just because you don't like the owner. 😅

Last edited:
Let's sell some knives...

1. Carter Mastersmith Damascus Gyuto $1200 $1150
2. Isasmedjan Blue 2 Integral Honyaki $850 $800
3. Ikeda White 1 Moon over Mt Fuji Western Ironwood Honyaki with matching saya $1650 $1600
4. Shibata/ Yasha Yukawa Tamahagane Santoku $850 $800

How low can we get before we get some takers...
1. Carter Mastersmith Damascus Gyuto $1200 $1150 $1100
2. Isasmedjan Blue 2 Integral Honyaki $850 $800 $775
3. Ikeda White 1 Moon over Mt Fuji Western Ironwood Honyaki with matching saya $1650 $1600 $1550
4. Shibata/ Yasha Yukawa Tamahagane Santoku $850 $800 $775

How low can we get before we get some takers...
1. Carter Mastersmith Damascus Gyuto $1200 $1150 $1100
2. Isasmedjan Blue 2 Integral Honyaki $850 $800 $775
3. Ikeda White 1 Moon over Mt Fuji Western Ironwood Honyaki with matching saya $1650 $1600 $1550
4. Shibata/ Yasha Yukawa Tamahagane Santoku $850 $800 $775
BST is slow for the most part as of late I guess 🤷‍♂️.

One more big price drop. Leaving for a vacation tuesday, if someone buys before then I can ship out monday, otherwise will have to wait 2 weeks till I'm back.

1. Carter Mastersmith Damascus Gyuto $1200 $1150 $1100 $1000
2. Isasmedjan Blue 2 Integral Honyaki $850 $800 $775 $725
3. Ikeda White 1 Moon over Mt Fuji Western Ironwood Honyaki with matching saya $1650 $1600 $1550 $1450
4. Shibata/ Yasha Yukawa Tamahagane Santoku $850 $800 $775 $725.

Ikeda is sold. Thinking about pulling the shibata tamahagane, getting a lot of tire kickers, might be worth just keeping it.

Isasmedjan I will go to 700 on, and the Carter I will go to 975. Think this is the cheapest I can go. Off on vacation for about 10 days, if someone wants to claim one just lemme know and and I will hold for em.

Back