Recent Work Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stainless bunka with mokume-gane and snakewood.
DskJCJ5h.jpg

The last three were all amazing
Thanks!

Stainless with mokume-gane and amboyna:
jmUZmjyh.jpg

Stainless with mokume-gane and rosewood burl:
5QuV2PEh.jpg

Raindrop damascus with carbon fiber and exhibition curly koa:
DSBPgZ7h.jpg

The fam:
JhyDDmNh.jpg

I really think that family needs a break from the cold/damp WA winter weather so I am just going to go all altruistic (I'm just that kinda guy) and invite them to San Diego ... they can stay with me for as long as I like ... err ... I mean "they like" of course!

Stunning work Ian!

Thanks!

Stainless with mokume-gane and amboyna:
jmUZmjyh.jpg

Stainless with mokume-gane and rosewood burl:
5QuV2PEh.jpg

Raindrop damascus with carbon fiber and exhibition curly koa:
DSBPgZ7h.jpg

The fam:
JhyDDmNh.jpg

I like to think that every time you post one of these amazing knives, you are one knife closer to my nakiri. That mokume is gonna look fantastic.

Thanks Tom! I'll pass the word along. :wink:

@ash I'll be starting near the end of the week on your nakiri's damascus, so it will be here soooon!

Stainless bunka with mokume-gane and snakewood.
DskJCJ5h.jpg

Ian, my wife just saw this photo and said 'that one is very nice'. That puts this lovely bunka into a very, very exclusive class of knives. You should feel honoured :D

Ian, my wife just saw this photo and said 'that one is very nice'. That puts this lovely bunka into a very, very exclusive class of knives. You should feel honoured :D

Well thanks, that's very nice of her. You should make her one!

Great work! If it weren't so beautiful my reactions (or attitude) would almost become boring: everything is so great!

Stainless san mai with a 52100 core for the store all wrapped up in carbon fiber, mammoth, and amboyna:

3JFX8KCh.jpg

QFxx5eKh.jpg

Stainless san mai with a 52100 core for the store all wrapped up in carbon fiber, mammoth, and amboyna:

3JFX8KCh.jpg

QFxx5eKh.jpg

"Carbon fiber ferrule and intricate amboyna burl are segued by mammoth tooth" I am going to segue my lips to Ians ass as this is not only incredible craftsmanship but impeccable diction.

That carbon fibre looks really nice and completely different to what I was expecting (or any CF that I've ever seen on a bike). How did you shape it or did it come pre formed?

Oh yeah, and the knife as a whole looks spectacular. The elements of the handle integrate nicely with the blade.

Listed these cutie pies over in the store today. While they're gone, I thought you guys might like to see them. Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

Back