Recent work

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CPM 154 Sujihiki, 285mm Kiritsuki tip, convex ground, full distal taper.

Copper and brass Mokume bolsters, attached with hidden pins.

Desert ironwood scales with black vulcanized fiber liners, 2 brass pins, and 2 mosaic center pin.

IMG_3910-1.jpgIMG_3911.jpgIMG_3912.jpgIMG_3915.jpgIMG_3914.jpgIMG_3916.jpg

Thanks for looking!

No, not this stuff, I have had this around for a couple years now, it polished up very nicely, a little oil to make things pop.
Oh yeah balance point is 12 mm in front of the bolster face.

That's a big one! Nice job....again.

Aren't you supposed to be resting though???

Yes it is going to its new home soon. It is the new big brother of the western 240 mm with the ironwood and same pin/mokume from an earlier post.

- am resting, I'm in a nice warm shop, its -44 with the wind chill outside, this stuff is easy going. Helps with the sanity! What's left of it! Going to do some handle work tomorrow.

- am resting, I'm in a nice warm shop, its -44 with the wind chill outside, this stuff is easy going. Helps with the sanity! What's left of it! Going to do some handle work tomorrow.

I feel you on that. Oh wait, it's 65F here no I don't.
:sofa:

I like that a lot, especially how you used the wood on the handle, it's a great layout. Top marks Pierre! :)

Yea that's sweet. Pierre I am really digging your profile on the suji. I never really looked closely at it until I saw Davids post I believe it was with his collection and I was like dayum is that a Pierre Suji and he informed it was. And now I see it with western handle ... I am quickly converting back the other way now. I think the westerns have out numbered my wa's in my bag once again.

Kind Regards

Bryan

Back