Restorations WIP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it, thanks.

Further question: I'd be scared witless to put a yanagi on a belt grinder. Could you give a little more detail on how you did that? What kind of grinder? Did you use a platen or the slack part of the belt, etc.? Thanks again.

Awesome work, your friend is very fortunate!

Cheers!

You should have posted a before/after pic of your fingertips as well! :)
Great job!!

OK last update.
Next five days will bring 80 hours at work [my another week at the 2 star place] plus and two hours in transport of the arse.
And next monday I have to give the knives back so in the last ramatic effort I finished the whole set!

You're working at Maaemo?
Great restoration work!

Simply amazing Bieniek! I wish I have sharpening skills like yours. I WANT to have sharpening skills like yours! Hard grind ahead for me just starting to learn and making (ouch how did I do that!) mistakes along the way. Well done and thanks for the show 'n tell!

Thanks guys :doublethumbsup:

Got it, thanks.

Further question: I'd be scared witless to put a yanagi on a belt grinder. Could you give a little more detail on how you did that? What kind of grinder? Did you use a platen or the slack part of the belt, etc.? Thanks again.

Bucket of water, regular home SKIL 75x533 belts and unless I do something dramatic I try just to use the flat surface. Until I move next month and get access to garage where I can have small workshop, I am not able to have any better electric tools.
I use the side of the belt to polish the choil area.
I was afraid too I think fear is right in that situation cause it makes you pay more attention. I know if I make mistake I can really mess it up.

You're working at Maaemo?
Great restoration work!

No not working. I just asked them if I could come and work some. And so I did two weeks. Great time really enjoyed it. Next stop is the other Michelin place in Oslo and maybe some sushi bar?
Cheers.

You should have posted a before/after pic of your fingertips as well!

They werent that bad but frigging dirty !!

Back