ridiculous requests

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some old geezer wasn't satisfied with his minestrone soup...said it was too chunky, we pureed it for him and he was happy as a clam.

We get this a lot "No dairy, butter is okay"

huh?

Butter can be OK for those who are lactose intolerant.

As for tuna, no mayo, I hate mayo but realize it is a necessary evil in tuna and egg salad (if used sparingly). What I can't fathom is why so many places put extra mayo on the bread, which is why I ask for "tuna, no mayo".

Thats good to know, do you know why the butter does not cause any problems with lactose intolerance?

Thats good to know, do you know why the butter does not cause any problems with lactose intolerance?

The more you go up the fermentation chain the low the amount of lactose (type of sugar) in the products decreases. Lots of lactose in milk and real yogurt, less in cheese, even less in hard cheese. Butter is just the fat globules, some proteins and water.

Nice thread, makes one smile.
On a side note, I did not even know one can order item that are not on the Menu! Gonna go do this all the time from now on :D J/K.

The only "weird" request I tend to make is when I order a full lobster which happens much less often then I would like unfortunately. I like it boiled, not steamed not broiled nor anything else. Just salted water boiled lobster - delicious.

I work in a camp where we feed ~1400 workers every day, for free. Last week we had a guy complain and ask for a manager because there was watermelon juice in the bottom of the watermelon insert (there's self serve fruit in a cold salad bar). Apparently that could kill someone. The next day he came up to the line and requested we slice him some fresh watermelon, mid service. Boss went into the back and grabbed 3 pieces of watermelon from a backup insert just to shut him up.

Guest where I work wanted a tortilla burrito, a burrito filled with torn tortillas.

We have a grocery store nearby that has a cafe within it that is run by the grocery store. Their are no waiters (they use a pager system to let you know your order is done and ready at the front), and a pretty simple breakfast menu. There was a gentleman that went up the front not once, but twice, to have the people working up there toast bread he brought from home. Plated food ready to go was just stacking up as they accommodated him. Also overheard a lady telling the front server that she "can't drink your smoothie if you use frozen fruit, as it would be to cold for me to drink". She walked out empty handed.

Back