Rubber Cutting Board

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool thread. I actually just learned about sani-tuff boards the other day myself...thanks for bringing this post around Korin_Mari

you're the second person to ask me that today... Unfortunately I've never used a sani-tuff board, so I can't tell you. I'll see if Korin will let me order one to try out.

Mari,
You can wander down to Hung Chong Imports, 14 Bowery, 212-349-3392, between Pell St and Doyers and pick one up. Stop into the Chop Stick store around the corner- Who knew a storefront could house that many!

Mari,
You can wander down to Hung Chong Imports, 14 Bowery, 212-349-3392, between Pell St and Doyers and pick one up. Stop into the Chop Stick store around the corner- Who knew a storefront could house that many!

Is that a 3 storied store? I bought a sanituff at such a store while on vacation in NYC. Yes, that's how I spent my vacation, wandering restaurant supply stores in chinatown! Also bought some aprons which I like a lot!

At work we have a bunch of really crappy wooden cutting boards. I mean, they were good at one point, but they just all go in the dishwasher and some are splitting, and all are badly dished. I found one heavy rubber cutting board that nobody uses though because it "feels weird". Someone warned me about using my nice knives on that board as it might ruin them. Anyways, I didn't bother telling anyone that its a good board to use so its mine all the time now haha.

I put it in the dishwasher all the time.

Is there a good way to sand them down to get rid of the plentiful gouges though?

if only shipping wasn't gonna cost me more than the actual value of the board, i'd get one in a heartbeat.

Back