Sakai Yusuke White Steel Gyuto on Ebay?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave I just pulled the trigger on this ultra thin Sakai,thanks for posting it.I will report when it comes in.At 1.6 at the heel & 120gr.Octagon,WS,lot's to like luv's me thin Gyuto's

Those do look sweet. I'm very tempted to add a 210 to my kit.

Dave

Where are you, distal taper?

Not sure you can judge by this pic though...my 240 Yoshikane SKD gyuto is the pretty much the same thickness on the spine for 210mm, but then goes to one of the thinnest tips I've seen at the very end, and this thing is such a great performer.

I would think if I tried to mimic this picture with the Yosh at the same angle, it might look very similar...but looks can be deceiving.

Not sure you can judge by this pic though...my 240 Yoshikane SKD gyuto is the pretty much the same thickness on the spine for 210mm, but then goes to one of the thinnest tips I've seen at the very end, and this thing is such a great performer.

I would think if I tried to mimic this picture with the Yosh at the same angle, it might look very similar...but looks can be deceiving.

True, but it's enough for me to not want to buy one. Your Yosh sounds to be the exception to the rule rather than the rule.

Well, after taking days to decided. I still haven't decided.

I'm a big push cutter and like a nice, large flat spot. This got me thinking, and searching, which led me to a more kiritsuke style gyuto. CKTG has a Konosuke White #2 kiritsuke, but no specs. Weight, hardness, thickness are all missing and I can't find anyone who has used the knife. It looks pretty sweet and I think I might pull the trigger on it, if it's nice and thin. If anyone has any experience, I'd love to hear it.

I wish the Tojiro white #2 kiritsuke Mark is bringing in at CKTG was already available. For $80.00 it looks like a real steal.

Ironically I have also have the HD 240 Kiritsuke Konosuke as well and Jay. If you looking for a true push cutter go with a Nakiri. The Kiri's profile more one a push or draw-slice cutter. Only about 3 inches of flat/shallow belly 1 cm from heel then its long smooth shallow arch to the tip. If I did it again I would get it in a 270. That slicing technique or long strokes that use most of the blade length with each stroke is what this knife excels at. Sure it will chop an onion like no tomorrow but isn't a push cutting machine like a Nakiri. I was hoping to use the Kiri as a long gyuto/slicer but its more of a slicer/gyuto, if that makes sense? Simply phenomenal grind and profile and steel. CKTG puts some beautiful ebony oct. handles that are flawless. Although I still have a love affair with my Kono's, my current crush is on my THIN Yusuke. However, Kono just adopted that masamoto profile as well. My next blade might be a 270 Yusuke gyuto?

Wow, you have some nice knives Mucho.

Thanks again for your input, it's very appreciated. Decisions, Decisions...

Back