• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Several Naguras For sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Several naguras up for sale, medium hardness levels 4+. Most of the naguras are Mikawa, they're just not commonly seen in this shape. I cut these from a large chunk (except #8) and use them in my own progression, and here are just a few leftover pieces. #1 has a good deal of renge running through it, which gives the slurry a beautiful pink hue.

The green stamped nagura is wakasa, hard and very fine finisher. Haven't had too much time to experiment with this stone. But the Wakasa mine is known for producing high quality razor finishing stones.

The nagura with pink bands is Nakayama Iromono, super smooth, great feedback, generates black swarf suprisingly quickly; It's from a larger 200mm slab and I cut it because of the chip on the end. Not sure what mines 5 and 9 are from but they're from Kyoto. #9 is and old piece, and actually very nice, and it's fine, medium hardness and consitent, but I'm about appearences so it's gotta go lol.

1. Mikawa Shiro - 88 grams - 33x33x38 - $45
2. Nakayama Iromono - 60 grams - 40x35x21 - $40
3. Mikawa Shiro - 64 grams - 33x38x26 - $40
4. Mikawa Shiro - 52 grams - 42x32x20 - $30
5. Unknown - 35 grams - 35x21x27 - $15
6. Mikawa Shiro - 27 grams - 31x26x16 - $15
7. Wakasa - 97 grams - 60x39x20 - $35
8. Mikawa Shiro - 56 grams - 48x38x23 - $35
9. Unknown - 63 grams - 55x32x32 - $30

Prices include shipping to CONUS.

Thanks!

arulTUT.jpg

PnjPrJY.jpg

ZTr1IFb.jpg

X6222rd.jpg

A few more pics to entice prospective buyers. I polished up #9 from the unknown mine (looks much better now) and added a nice piece of very pure white koma (25 grams - 31x23x21, asking $25)
q4fCQKr.jpg

Y69Bv6a.jpg

VMFSag8.jpg

What’s the one in the upper right-hand corner in the photo with the purple bag? Thanks!

What’s the one in the upper right-hand corner in the photo with the purple bag? Thanks!

Hi, it's Nakayama Iromono. It's the end piece of a narrow slab that I cut off because of that small chip on the corner. I use it as a pre-finisher on my straights, meidum-hard, generates slurry very easily.

Koma sold!

#1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 still available.

Back