Sharpening advice wanted

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you not like the JNS 1k? i'd like to replace my bester 1200 with a splash n go. i'll take it off your hands if you're selling it.

I like it quite a bit, just trying to consolidate to two stones. It's fairly hard, cuts very quickly and is a bit thicker than most synthetic stones out there. I think it works best with a minute or two under the faucet as opposed to a 100% splash and go (like a shapton glass stone) but doesn't take much water after that.
Ill let you know when I let it go.

I missed that you wanted a splash and go...apologies for that. I have used choseras, shaptons, sigmas, and gesshins in almost all grit ranges. I would say your best bet, with the specs you have given, if you want to do the 400/2k or 3k progression is to go Chosera.

They should give you almost exactly what you want...although I don't technically consider them splash and go because I soak mine for about a minute before use.

Regards,
Chris

i currently have JKS (from dave) 3k and i think a 1k splash n go to go along with it would be perfect two stone combo. any particular reason you are looking for a lower grit?

Back