SHAVE OF THE DAY

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3d4de80c1800f80bfc38cf4b7a015c9e.jpg
August 9th, and This morning as well

I love your posts Magnus. I'm w/ Lefty - I have only one razor and it's not worth posting. Please keep posting your awesome pics of awesome razors. Cheers! mpp

lol glad someone enjoys them :laugh:.. last week 2 shaves.

W&B Near Wedge 15/16 Barber's Use custom Horn scale with MOP/Stainless inlays
WampB-Zebra_zpsbad865d8.jpg

Filarmonica #14 SubCero
DSC01230_zps0686cfab.jpg

Razor: Dubl Duck Special no1
Brush: NewForest Tubby 1
Soap: GFT Eucris
ASB: Tabac

Todays shave was not one of my best. New soap that had a OK lather but smell reminds me of a cheap Axe spray lol. and the razor was new aswell so i gave it a try with the edge it had. and it was not very good at all. back to the hone's with this one.

DSC01233_zps42e3846f.jpg

I really like the zebra striped brush. What is it? I'm a brush addict more so than a razor addict (like you...ahem....) :D

I really like the zebra striped brush. What is it? I'm a brush addict more so than a razor addict (like you...ahem....) :D

Lefty. that Zebra brush is my all time favorit in both looks and action. its a Rod Neep Custom tall zebra with deepmounted 26mm Extra Silvertip.

Razor: Max Sprecher 8/8 Custom
Brush: Selfmade 2-band badger
Soap: La Toja
ASB: Bulldog

Today im extra happy, got my new strop from Neil Miller. He helpt me put this thing toghetter and i got the horsehide and hardwear from Torolf. The Cobra is real and comes from a vintage belt i had laying around. Big thanks to both you guys! :) i love it and its working like a dream. :)

DSC01240_zps32b1cbd3.jpg

DSC01239_zps4daa8fb0.jpg

DSC01254_zps77e3c029.jpg

DSC01241_zpsc880cfaa.jpg

DSC01242_zpse17cab8b.jpg

DSC01243_zps3093edf7.jpg

DSC01249_zps8a62d158.jpg

DSC01251_zpse999067a.jpg

Beautiful. With my luck I would decapitate the snake while stropping.

Cheers guys :) im in love with it. Miller sure knows how to make one happy.

The Max Sommer is on lone from a friend in the states. very nice shaver i like the lengh of the blade and the grind. Cheers Jack.
Back to the Dubl Duck.. i didnt enjoy the edge last time so i now tryd it with a fresh edge, Wow. now i like this one alot, From Creep to Keeper :)

Friday Shave.

Razor: Estas 1286 Max Sommer
Brush: Neep Stonehandle Extra stuffed ST 26mm
Cream: Dr.Harris Windsor
AS: TOBS Mr.Taylor

DSC01283_zpsa88c8e2d.jpg

Saturday Shave.

Razor: Dubl Duck Special no1
Brush: Neep Tall T-shell imitation Deepmount Extra ST 26mm
Cream: GFT Coconut
AS: Dr.Harris Sandalwood

DSC01285_zps523e5872.jpg

SOTD

Razor: SSA 7/8 Extra Hollow
Brush: Kent BK8
Cream: Penhaligon's Endymion
EDT: Penhaligon's Endymion

I'm a huge SSA fan. Love the hard steel and the super thin grind. Sings out loud while stropped :)

DSC01332_zpsa82e99e9.jpg

More great posts Magnus - that strop is sweet! Thanks for sharing. Keep it up - cheers!

Magnus, even though i have nothing to contribute I really do enjoy seeing all your razors and especially the badass brushes. Keep it up.

Cheers!

Glad you guys enjoy the pics. i rly like taking photos but feel limited by my camera.

Razor: Heljestrand MK32
Hone: Escher
Brush: Scullbrush 2band finest badger.
Cream: Cella

First shave of my new Escher Hone. super nice result, a keeper!

DSC01359_zps91ccd026.jpg

Razor: Dubl Duck Special No1
Brush: Simpson Commodore x3
Soap: RazoRock Classic
AS: TOBS Mr.Taylor

Great Shave.

[video=youtube;dyeZ3l3bhvM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyeZ3l3bhvM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUW8eMt9iy0-4JakPtj_oOaA[/video]​

Razor: Max Sprecher 10/8 Carbon Stealth
Brush: Neep Custom Zebra
Preoil: TOBS
Cream: Truefitt&Hill Grafton
AS: Truefitt&Hill Grafton
ASB: D&G

First shave with this monster.. even thou i got a smal nick from the crazy point :rofl2: the shave was superb, love love love.

DSC01390_zps0cf9dd19.jpg

DSC01186_zpsbeb02711.jpg

After watching your video I realized I can never get into straight shaving for two reasons.

1. There's no way I have the patience or the time to spend 8 minutes shaving.

2. I would slice my ear off in an instant when I had to switch over to my left hand.

Regardless, thanks for sharing your collection, very cool!

straight razor shaving or any wetshaving is not about speed for me (get over with it) like i felt with regular shaving with the geillette mac3. its all about making it fun for me :) i didnt enjoy shaving before. now i really do..

Razor: Fatboy set to 9
Blade: 7 o'clock
Brush: Vintage French Badger
Soap: La Toja

My first and only DE razor. first DE shave ever. not very impressed. might be the blades. im gonna pick up the feather blades and if that dosent give me a closer shave im done with DE :D.

DSC01425_zps95890ffa.jpg

i also picked up this vintage razor stand from france this week, for a few of my MK's :)
DSC01428_zps3d9194b2.jpg

Razor: Heljestrand MK57
Brush: Simpson Commodore x3
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
EDT: Armani Code

Alright this is so much nicer then my DE shave yesterday :) this is a very cool MK razor. i have never seen a MK with a diamond spine like this one. shaves like a dream. after 2 passes im delux BBS

DSC01439_zps16a272a0.jpg

Razor: Max Sprecher 10/8 Custom Carbon Fiber
Brush: Simpson T3 Manchurian
Cream: Dr.Harris Windsor
ASB: D&G
EDT: Dr.Harris Windsor

2 passes with a amazing razor that gave me the perfect shave. Youtube clip on this shave tomorrow :).

DSC01446_zpscc2299bb.jpg

Back